EV Thread - ALL EV POSTS HERE PLEASE

coldel

Like I said when money is coming from the taxpayer, he should have a grown up attitude to that side of the business, or appoint someone to do it for him if he CBA because it's not exciting enough for him. If he wants to play inventor he should do that with his own time and money, removing himself from the running of Tesla all together.  I don't doubt his intelligence, the cleverness of his cars or space x programme. I just doubt his business acumen. 

But back on track...

Ovlov want to go full EV.

3 hours ago, gangzoom said:

Your be surprised how little space is in most SUVs, our inlaws tried to bring just the mattress in their E class....Not a chance, and don't forget about leaving enough space for a 2 year+baby seat.

Its not about Tesla but packaging an EV lets you do once you dont need to worry about transmission tunnels, exhausts, etc. 

I still dont get the obsession with Tesla, if you don't own one why do you care about the company?? If you dont like Tesla as a brand thats fine, no one is making you buy one?? 

Am now on the look out for the second EV to replace my wifes Lexus. Have half an eye on the up and coming EV XJ, but realistically thats going to be too pricey compared to a Model 3, still we'll see soon i guess.

OK setting aside the irony of 'this obsession with Tesla' I set up a thread for a discussion on EV/Tesla of which there is clearly some interest - like many other threads about other marques be it the new mustang or anything else, many people who comment repeatedly on the thread also do not own, thats kinda not a pre-requisite for taking part.

For a discussion to be had there has to be multiple view points, sorry you don't like it if there are negative ones, but every car manufacturer has them and its all part of the discussion - I think most of us can agree Elon has been a prize 'turkey' on this occasion and to think otherwise, well you would be a fool to think so or just 'not get it'.

Actually I don't like nor dislike Tesla, I prefer what I drive now, as you do - but I don't expect everyone to love a 23 year old Celica turbo (the antithesis of the V6 NA!) and am happy to receive feedback positive or negative on it if I have a thread running on it, I dont question peoples desire to comment...I think you either have to roll with it and take the idea out of your head that everyone is out to get you or we just delete the thread which I would rather not do.

12 minutes ago, coldel said:

I think you either have to roll with it and take the idea out of your head that everyone is out to get you or we just delete the thread which I would rather not do.

Do what ever you like, we are grown ups here :).

3 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Does it not concern you, as a customer,  that if Tesla have to shut shop that your car becomes instantly obsolete with no one to fix it when it breaks (or someone crashes into you) and no one producing parts?

This, in spades. If Tesla and their closed ecosystem go, Tesla cars are going to be extinct overnight.

21 minutes ago, Ekona said:

This, in spades. If Tesla and their closed ecosystem go, Tesla cars are going to be extinct overnight.

Someone will pick up the parts business in the break up, there's going to be plenty of money to make if you're the only one with the licence to make parts. It's not like you can't buy Saab bits any more, plus they know the Tesla buyers are good to pay $$$ for parts.

5 hours ago, gangzoom said:

Indeed, so behave like one when someone posts something about your hero, apologies if we don't all wear the same rose tinted glasses. So you think only EV owners should be posting here? Would you like it set up that way?

• Like 1

Lol no one buys a Zed for its straight line pace alone......... Seriously think about the reasons why folks spend 14k and up on a 370z or any 350z for that matter. 

Edited by davey_83

15 hours ago, SuperStu said:

Someone will pick up the parts business in the break up, there's going to be plenty of money to make if you're the only one with the licence to make parts. It's not like you can't buy Saab bits any more, plus they know the Tesla buyers are good to pay $$$ for parts.

But that's only because Saab are vauxhalls underneath. Rover parts are a struggle.

18 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Lol no one buys a Zed for its straight line pace alone......... Seriously think about the reasons why folks spend 14k and up on a 370z or any 350z for that matter. 

This. I love my zed, it's fat and uneconomical and not that fast by modern standards, but I still love it. 

18 hours ago, gangzoom said:

4 hours ago, gangzoom said:

If this is all its ever going be, that ev's have good 0-60 times so that makes them better and combined with the attitude above, surely the "discussion" has ended, a whole thread gets created to massage gz's Tesla/Elon obsession and still the toys are coming out the pram when opposing views or a point of interest is penned about Elon/Tesla (sorry dont see much other ev chat here) if members cant say anything against Tesla/Elon without non rational discussion re the ramifications then this thread should be locked or  responses (including my own) "tidied" regularly.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay84 said:

This. I love my zed, it's fat and uneconomical and not that fast by modern standards, but I still love it. 

You should go on the Tesla forum, tell them how much you love your 350z and its so much better than an ev, oh hang on, why would you do that........

Edited by Jetpilot

That's the thing better or best for one person may not be the same for another. On one hand GZ is saying his X is best car for him, but then on the other is saying EV's are generally better than anything else. Well yes in your opinion and to you. Its not a fact, its a fact of opinion.

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

You should go on the Tesla forum, tell them how much you love your 350z and its so much better than an ev, oh hang on, why would you do that........

I tried to explain the virtues of my v6 roar,  I'm now banned. 

Sorry,  I know that's not a helpful comment. 

Edited by Jay84
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Would one of us go on to GT86 forum and post a video of a Zed beating a GT86 in a straight line?......... Because rude

Only if they wanted me to bang on about beating all the FI zeds in my underpowered BRZ on the CAT driver training day. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

No disrespect to GT86's but if a GTR round Silverstone (massive wide power circuit) isnt faster than a GT86, the GT86 driver had to be a complete driving god and the gtr owner the absolute opposite.

There was a bit of a blow up on the piston heads Sunday service thread last year over the incident. The GTR refused to let the BRZ pass, even though it was clearly lapping faster lol Mr. GTR wasn't a happy bunny lol