EV Thread - ALL EV POSTS HERE PLEASE

coldel

11 minutes ago, marzman said:

So by that logic, lets just have an 'other cars' thread, and not discuss any other cars in posts of their own, such as the Mustang thread. 

/sarcasm

Other cars vary widely, v6, v8, 4 pot turbo, etc etc An ev is an ev, the discussion has been debated until we are blue in the face, why does this particular ev need its own thread just because of its looks, which granted is about 60 million times better than the other ev dross, but still generic 911 esque. Personally i think the forum is a better place for this combined thread :)

48 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Other cars vary widely, v6, v8, 4 pot turbo, etc etc An ev is an ev, the discussion has been debated until we are blue in the face, why does this particular ev need its own thread just because of its looks, which granted is about 60 million times better than the other ev dross, but still generic 911 esque. Personally i think the forum is a better place for this combined thread :)

Because you're lumping a Nissan Leaf in with this absolute beauty of a car, which vary wildly from one another.  Your reason for why other cars should have their own threads applies completely to this case too. :)

I'm not asking for these threads to be split back out by the way, but i'd like to think members/mods consider this next time.

Yes they may or may not miss it - it is pinned in the Other Cars section so will always appear up top. Eventually anyone interested in EVs will become aware this thread is here to talk to their hearts content with whoever else is interested. 

Clearly if someone starts a thread about a Mustang and another about a Lambo, they conversation wont diverge to the same debate so those still deserve to have separate threads in the Other Cars section.

Have to agree with marzman- it was a thread about a specific sports car not a thread about a generic ev and not about ev’s in general, just about that car. Other threads went in depth into the ins and outs of producing/running an ev

• Like 1

Specific EV car threads go in here also. The OP of the Porsche thread clearly put it up to show that the future of Porsche is EV according to this press release and debate that point and it was already going that same predictable direction. This is not a 'chat about generic EVs' thread, this is a thread where ALL CHAT about EVs, be it cars, infrastructure, technology anything associated with EVs goes. We saw time and again every thread about a new EV car go in the same predictable direction, if people have no interest in EVs they can ignore this thread and it doesn't bother them. 

Im not going to debate the point. Appreciate the points of view but I am making an executive decision on this one. All posts on EVs go here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, marzman said:

Because you're lumping a Nissan Leaf in with this absolute beauty of a car, which vary wildly from one another.  Your reason for why other cars should have their own threads applies completely to this case too. :)

I'm not asking for these threads to be split back out by the way, but i'd like to think members/mods consider this next time.

15 hours ago, coldel said:

The OP of the Porsche thread clearly put it up to show that the future of Porsche is EV according to this press release and debate that point and it was already going that same predictable direction.

Codels reply sums it up perfectly!

The problem is, the ev thread is dull and avoided, so not much point posting there/here anymore if you want some banter like gz ;) 

Grass roots motorsport isn't on board with EVs yet. Someone ran a Leaf last year but now electrics are banned at our club..

ELECTRIC & HYBRID CARS AT HAREWOOD

At this time, BARC Yorkshire is unable to accept entries for Electric and/or Hybrid Cars at Harewood Speed Hillclimb. We are unable to fully comply with the current MSA requirements for safe handling of these vehicles. For further details please contact the MSA and ask for their ‘Guidance for organizers of Speed events’ for Hybrid & Electric Cars V1.0 29/9/17 or contact Chris Seaman [compsec@harewoodhill.com] who will be happy to supply a copy of the document.

Rats. Looks like my electric supercharger fan is going in the bin then...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kieran O'Quick said:

Grass roots motorsport isn't on board with EVs yet. Someone ran a Leaf last year but now electrics are banned at our club..

ELECTRIC & HYBRID CARS AT HAREWOOD

At this time, BARC Yorkshire is unable to accept entries for Electric and/or Hybrid Cars at Harewood Speed Hillclimb. We are unable to fully comply with the current MSA requirements for safe handling of these vehicles. For further details please contact the MSA and ask for their ‘Guidance for organizers of Speed events’ for Hybrid & Electric Cars V1.0 29/9/17 or contact Chris Seaman [compsec@harewoodhill.com] who will be happy to supply a copy of the document.

Rats. Looks like my electric supercharger fan is going in the bin then...

That's halirous, the organisers probably got worried someone like this was going to enter and make everyone else look a tad slow :).

2 hours ago, gangzoom said:

That's halirous, the organisers probably got worried someone like this was going to enter and make everyone else look a tad slow :).

Or, you know, what they actually said about the health and safety restrictions of racing with batteries that they can’t comply with at the moment. Just a thought.

On 08/02/2018 at 05:43, Ekona said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42980841

Going well for Tesla then :lol: But don’t worry, they’re totally going to make profits this year. Definitely. 

Actually I will be amazed if they can turn a profit for another 5 years. Tesla need at least another two factories and two battery factories. None of that comes free :).

GZ, I admire your passion for EV's, and although they don't excite me like a noisey fossil burner, I can see a place for them, and as a commuter I'd have one. If you don't mind me asking how long ago did you own a Zed? It's not a dig so please don't think it, just curiosity, after all your not the only one that came for the car and stayed for the awesome people. 

1 hour ago, gangzoom said:

Actually I will be amazed if they can turn a profit for another 5 years. Tesla need at least another two factories and two battery factories. None of that comes free :).

I’ll be amazed if they’re still around that long. Not a cheap shot, I really mean that: There’s only so long you can carry on putting out sub-standard kit before consumers get fed up, and making loss after loss before investors get fed up. With the traditional competition now heading EV-ward, I’m not sure there’s a future for Tesla as a car company. 

Not an independent one, anyway.