Private plate

Bullet

1 minute ago, zedz said:

I have heard of revolving number plates but revolving cars! :)

very nice car.

I wish my garden was this tidy :thumbs:

Please have another

This was the car I had after the Zed ... sorry no pics of the Zed - photo bucket ate them all 

Aston.jpg

For me a plate should be clever or creative.  Random words to relate to the car or put a smile on someone’s face is all good but for the vast majority it would be their name, what’s more personal than having your name on your car?

Car related plates are cool but unless your a fanatic of a particular car it will stay on the car when you sell

I’ve never been a huge fan of just initials as they’re a bit too easy especially in prefix format, but appreciate for a little spend can look better than a standard plate

Having said that I’m really liking dateless plates just now. Plenty to be had in the current dvla auction 

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/auction/online.html

8 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

For me a plate should be clever or creative.  Random words to relate to the car or put a smile on someone’s face is all good but for the vast majority it would be their name, what’s more personal than having your name on your car?

Car related plates are cool but unless your a fanatic of a particular car it will stay on the car when you sell

I’ve never been a huge fan of just initials as they’re a bit too easy especially in prefix format, but appreciate for a little spend can look better than a standard plate

Having said that I’m really liking dateless plates just now. Plenty to be had in the current dvla auction 

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/auction/online.html

Swine! Here I was happy with my standard plate, then I saw JAY 89J!

My own rule is that if it's not immediately recognisable without dodgy spacing or daft screws then it's not worth it as it'll always detract from the car itself.

Plates that are initials excluded, unless you're really unlucky to have initials that could fall into the realm of the above :lol:

2 hours ago, zedz said:

Yeah! a jumble of letters and numbers with only the owner thinking it is a personalised number.

Or something quite vulgar and coarse.

hardly tasteful and not my thing at all. :)

:lol: There is no set rules for what makes a "personalised" registration, its not the law that is "has" to spell a name and they are all a jumble of letters and numbers, including your own.

Tasteful or not, it sold for 90k, not sure anyone wouldnt like that in their bank :thumbs:

• Like 1

I saw a 996.1 cab with the plate 911 AT on it the other week. Worth substantially more than the car by some margin, even if it is quite apt.

My plate was meant for my old VXR, hence the R20 part, but at the same time I don't think it looks out of place on anything else really.

35 minutes ago, zedz said:

hardly a personal registration number in my opinion

Exactly, no need to get bent out of shape because i dont like any plate spelling someones name, its nothing personal (excuse the pun), just as you say an "opinion"

A personal plate is just that, personal and just as your rrr ref its personal to rosemary rebecca johnstone!

Edited by Jetpilot

26 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

Not made up unfortunately, saw an article in the paper years ago with that plate on a red merc

Ive seen 2 range rovers up here, one with AR51OLE and the other with F4NNE. True story 

Yep and ORG 4SM sold for £135k, good job we dont all have the same sense of humour ;)

I always thought private reg's look too showy but I got one off my sisters for Christmas once and now I change it onto every new car. My name is Alan and was born on the 02nd and my last name Ferguson. Got an illegal space between the AA and 02 so had to get them made as show plates but never been pulled about them yet on any car. At first I thought people might think its an older car with it being an 02 reg but then I thought if they are that thick then im not bothered  :D

20170412_183426.jpg

Edited by fergie1471
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^^ A buddy of mine has sequential pvt plates on all his cars, 1 ***, 2 *** etc, he had a courtesy car the other day and said, its great, no one knows its me, so he is now struggling between his vanity or obscurity, haha

Edited by Jetpilot