DEPO headlights - who has installed? Q's..

mr_smith126

Hi Gents,

Looking at these but have more questions than I have the confidence to click buy at the mo.. can anyone help with some feedback on some of these snippets I have found floating around the internet...

(model 2005 GT4)

They are designed for LHD therefore light adjustment will not be right for UK roads

- I've read people having grief about the indicators repeating too quickly due to LED people seem to be snipping a blue wire on the unit!?? Whaaat! How come, why etc..

- Also read that people say you need to transfer the cover from OEM unit otherwise they will leak! (obviously ballast is swapped over with new seals, assume this is the plastic twist off cover..) don't want to spend out if these are highly likely to suffer from moisture ingress..!

- As stated need to buy side light and indicator bulbs for LED - does that effect the workings with lower voltage..? Or just make sure you buy decent bulbs with the regulator thingies built in..?

- Bulbs:

- HD use exisiting from old lamp or buy new if so desired - options for higher output without upgraded ballast?

- High beam use old or replace with LED? - bulb type

- Low beam replace with LED as stated - D2S bulb

- Indicator replace with LED as stated - 3157 bulb

Any info gents, greatly appreciated.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/body-styling/lights/1927-350z-depo-blacked-out-bi-xenon-projector-headlight-set-315-1162pxush2.html

41WKWbWmS7L.jpg

41VaeURxSIL.jpg

51Gsf0vTtyL.jpg

41nj0Jd772L.jpg

Edited by mr_smith126

My set from torqen came set up for right hand drive and was plug and play (not sure all sets come rhd though) obviously had to unscrew the ballasts from my stock lights and screw them onto these. 

For indicator problem were for me my hazards came on each time I indicated ,on drivers side headlight there is a blue wire you snip to fix this problem. 

Order some new O rings from torqen and they shouldn't leak and place some silica gel packs inside for safety. 

For bulbs I used my old led set W5W sidelight 

D2S bulbs for main beam 

For indicator bulbs found it difficult to find a set that fitted perfectly but these are the correct fitment https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-3157A-180-CAR-BULBS-AMBER-WEDGE-BRAKE-TAIL-FOG-REVERSE-INDICATOR-12V-27-7W/111245333422?hash=item19e6bd13ae:g:TdwAAOxyaTxTQJWB

3157A 

IMG_20170805_112413_01.thumb.jpg.26af1e4603f8ebc08f72ab1a1a9c8794.jpgIMG_20170630_215002.thumb.jpg.c9dd09ceda50ff8e514b072ef7d6f01b.jpg

Love the lights really to be honest much needed mod 

Edited by PPod
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PPod said:

My set from torqen came set up for right hand drive and was plug and play (not sure all sets come rhd though) obviously had to unscrew the ballasts from my stock lights and screw them onto these. 

For indicator problem were for me my hazards came on each time I indicated ,on drivers side headlight there is a blue wire you snip to fix this problem. 

Order some new O rings from torqen and they shouldn't leak and place some silica gel packs inside for safety. 

D2S bulbs for main beam 

For indicator bulbs found it difficult to find a set that fitted perfectly but these are the correct fitment https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-3157A-180-CAR-BULBS-AMBER-WEDGE-BRAKE-TAIL-FOG-REVERSE-INDICATOR-12V-27-7W/111245333422?hash=item19e6bd13ae:g:TdwAAOxyaTxTQJWB

3157A 

IMG_20170805_112413_01.thumb.jpg.26af1e4603f8ebc08f72ab1a1a9c8794.jpgIMG_20170630_215002.thumb.jpg.c9dd09ceda50ff8e514b072ef7d6f01b.jpg

great thanks :thumbs:

23 hours ago, PPod said:

D2S bulbs for main beam 

3157A 

Thanks for the info PPod..

I was chatting to Zworks over in the states as I was flirting with custom DEPO lights with Angel eyes and the top side LED changed from orange to white (assume your are orange on sidelights..?).

The part number for the Depo lights sold here are for LHD models only... so when you say adjusted.. do you mean that the side adjustment has been maxed out to move over slightly..?

Have you had an MOT yet...? Zworks stated that if I was going to get the lights made he would make a custom bracket and projector to suit RHD beam pattern.

Just don't want to go down the route of replacing/upgrading headlights only to be an MOT failure and/or not light the road as intended..

Edited by mr_smith126

1 hour ago, mr_smith126 said:

Thanks for the info PPod..

I was chatting to Zworks over in the states as I was flirting with custom lights with Angel eyes and the top side LED changed from orange to white (assume your are orange on sidelights..?).

The part number for the Depo lights sold here are for LHD models only... so when you say adjusted.. do you mean that the side adjustment has been maxed out to move over slightly..?

Have you had an MOT yet...? Zworks stated that if I was going to get the lights made he would make a custom bracket and projector to suit RHD beam pattern.

Just don't want to go down the route of replacing/upgrading headlights only to be an MOT failure and/or not light the road as intended..

Yeah I have the orange side lights actually really like them like that but white would look cleaner. 

On my lights written with white tipp-ex it had rhd on them and I haven't touch the setting yet. Also passed its MOT fine but I have a very friendly tester haha.  At the time I asked torqen about if he had any rhd version and I'm sure he had two left and they wouldn't produce them again (well adjust them for UK sellers)

Edited by PPod

27 minutes ago, mr_smith126 said:

Adrian has firmed today that these are instructed as RHD..

@PPod do you have pics showing them off, i.e. sidelights and main lights..?

Unfortunately not as I have a new phone but   I'm back on Thursday can send you a video of the lights in action if you want :thumbs:

Edited by PPod

• 3 years later...