Nismo vs non-Nismo models

antnee

So I have a manual GT on order and should be arriving in March, but I have been chatting to someone who suggested I should get a drive in a GT model as I have only driven the Nismo version.

Has anyone driven or owned both a Nismo and a GT/Base of the facelift models? How do they compare?

I have seen the up rev mentioned quite a bit .I am guessing it is some sort of remap.

I have a few question I hope someone could answer.

1. What are the pros of having an uprev.

2. Are there any cons.

3. How much does it cost.

4.Anywhere in Scotland that does it .

54 minutes ago, Gary62 said:

I have seen the up rev mentioned quite a bit .I am guessing it is some sort of remap.

2. Are there any cons.

If you are going uprev then also consider ecutek it's a bit better

58 minutes ago, Gary62 said:

2. Are there any cons.

Think there may be some confusion with Up Rev and Revup. To be honest I'm not 100% on this but as I understand it Revup relates to later DE engines fitted in the 350Z; I know my GT4 has this version fitted, its an 05, so from then on until the HR engine was fitted, somewhere around 07, all DE engines are probably Revup. Basically the rev limit is raised to 7K, probably a few other ECU tweeks, which give another 20HP. The HR is a different engine altogether; another 10HP and a 7.5K limit.

Up Rev is essentially a new ECU programme by an outside company (Up Rev) that can be done to all 350/370 engines? Try this thread for more info or ask one of the tuning companies on here.

12 hours ago, KyleR said:

Probably not much in it, tiny bit more power and slightly different suspension. I wouldn't imagine anyone to notice a difference outside a race track.

Driving a 2010 370GT back to back with a 2017 Nismo the difference is night and day. It’s like comparing a Porsche 911 Carrera against a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. 

Even though on paper they seem similar on the road, the acceleration, handling and noise plus the feel of the Recaro CS Seats makes them feel like 2 different cars.

However haven’t driven a 2017/18 370z GT so can’t comment if it’s vastly different from a pre 2014 370z GT

16 hours ago, antnee said:

So I have a manual GT on order and should be arriving in March, but I have been chatting to someone who suggested I should get a drive in a GT model as I have only driven the Nismo version.

Has anyone driven or owned both a Nismo and a GT/Base of the facelift models? How do they compare?

Welcome mate, thanks for the info, spoke to the HPC salesman from Nottingham today regarding the Dunlop SportsMax GP600 Tyres. 

Go go for a test drive in an used 2016/17 370z GT to compare