Low seats

big_joe

Hi all

I had a 350z a few years ago, the reason i sold it was that at 6ft6 i didn't have enough head room with my helmet on on for track days, it was near enough impossible to drive.

Now i was wondering if anyone has managed to mount a fixed back bucket seat lower than a standard cloth seat? I need atleast another 2 inches over a cloth seat i'd imagine.

On my track Civic I have side mounts bolted straight through the car floor and bolted underneath the car with spreader plates....so i'm literally sat on the floor :D. Is this an option on the Z....it obviously depends on the shape of the floor pan inside the car (needs to be flat really) and if there is anything in the way underneath the car? 

I really fancy another Z but its useless to me if i cant track it.

Cheers!

I'm having the same issues and I'm not even 6ft, fine without a helmet but need to slouch in the bucket seat when I've got it on. Mine is on rails but I was thinking about taking them out and making some sort of bracket up so I can bolt it to the floor. The floors not flat tho so may cause some issues. I think bride do low seat rails but I'm not sure if it will give much more room than the one I've got. Would like to find out if anyone has the bride low max rails?

5 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Check out Andy James/Silver Pheonix thread, he is of the lanky variety and regularly tracks/sprints/hillclimbs his car and has just adapted some seats and mounts!

Had a look at it, not sure those seats look any lower than stock....and they're a bit fancy for me :D

I Did some research, the floor plan looks like a real ball ache to do anything with:(

Also it seems people have trouble getting wide seats in there, might be a no go for me 

After fitting my fancy seats which was not easy I came to the conclusion that Nissan did a really good job getting the standard seats  to adjust so low as they had to design the floor pan to accommodate both left and right drive cars.

Without rails I recon my seats sit slightly lower than standard.

As you discovered by looking at the floor pan it's not an easy job to modify.

custom made seat bolted directly to the floor could be a way forward.

if your still struggling for low frames i d suggest these...i fitted these when fitting my recaro sr3 s and have at least 3 inch head room 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Steel-Bucket-Seat-Low-Mounting-Bracket-For-Nissan-03-06-350Z-3-5L-V6-Z33-/122023896210?hash=item1c6930e492

Edited by buster
  • Like 1

I have these what buster attached and im 99% sure it's exact one.

I have Sparco R100 and comparing to OEM ones they do sit bit lower but not so much.

Same problem im facing on track with helmet on. I just need extra inch.

Also passenger one is not "ideal" as its only secured by 3 bolts so i will need to cut and weld additional inch of steel in order to secure it with all 4 bolts.

But for this price they are best buy