Red blinking light top of dashboard

mrt

Hi everyone.

Not been on for a while but hope you can advise what the red blinking light on the top of my dashboard does. It flashes every two or three seconds whether the car is locked or not. 

I have these lights on the interior mirror of my Beemers but they only signify that the cars are locked and alarmed.

Found  my battery as flat as a pancake the other day with just three volts showing....it wouldn,t even accept my portable charger. RAC called out and put some juice in and now after trickle charging the battery is full.

i was wondering whether the red light is indicating some source of power usage which might explain the flat battery as it,s only two years old.

thanks for any replies

MRT

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware this is the indicator for the factory NATs system. Couldn't tell you what the different flashing sequences mean apart from if its on solid once the car is on then it has been disabled. Im sure someone fa wiser will be able to confirm but hope this helps.