Custom exhaust good idea or bad

Radek

Hi to all 350zzzz

I think about installing a new cat back exhaust to my Zzz I do not know if I can have any problem, with engine later.

it is not a factory silencer but the entire system made on order from stanley steel, can someone advise me if that ok . I'm not sure if the system will be straight ass possible and simple and I hope will not block the exhaust flow .

Radek

Damn predictive text :lol:. A cat back system shouldn't cause you too many issues I'd have thought. But I also think that off the shelf systems have a lot of R & D that go in to them to avoid issues and give right sound and flow to your car.  If i was to buy one I'd want one that's been on a few zeds already and is proven.

• glrnet changed the title to Custom exhaust good idea or bad

When looking to buy an exhaust, an of the shelf header I'd recommend all day long compared to a custom made one. The header is very important and tough part to get right when looking to upgrade, length of runners, distance to step, full merge, firing order to consider. As for the cat back, a custom exhaust builder can just copy the design of a Nismo, ark or whatever you want, it's just piping, silencers and flanges.