Southeast & London Japfest Convoy (2018) South Mimms

cs2000

Hi guys, yeah maybe it’s early as it’s only January, but kinda last minute last year we had a small convoy of 8 vehicles from the Kent and Essex area meet at South Mimms services and we traveled up to Japfest together.

As a first timer last year this was amazingly helpful so I wanted to take the lead and organise it again. As we’re starting the discussion earlier maybe we will be better organised this time haha.

So, the meeting place is the South Mims Services on the M25/A1(m) Junction.

Bignells Corner, Potters Bar, Herts, EN6 3QQ

Last year we met in the car park of the BP petrol station on site as it means any lowered vehicles don’t have to contend with the main car parks speed bumps, so let’s meet there again.

Meeting time will be 6:20/6:30 ish. Any vehicles meeting at this location will be leaving at 6:40 am due to the early entry requirement for Club Stand cars into Japfest. If you’re late then you’ll have to catch up.

This year someone else other than @Paul K will have to lead as we missed the junction last year hahah (joking mate!)

Any questions please ask away, but il start the list! (Added my registration so you guys can find me as there’s usually a lot of cars meet at south mims.

1. Cs2000 (OO04MYZ)

Edited by cs2000

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If that’s all there is it’s still fine by me. Will have my mate tagging along in his focus ST too. Their Z is broken so won’t be bringing it, but they’re still gonna come up in the ST for a jap filled day! Just hope they can walk through the gates and get early access still otherwise they’ll be sitting in the car for 3 hours waiting for the public gates lol

41 minutes ago, kayjay0_7 said:

Is it ok to convoy up with you guys , I’ll be coming from Barkingside (Essex)

Of course it is mate! Just stick your reg number in and be ready to leave the BP petrol station by 6:40 :) Il try to be there for 6:20 I think.

1. Cs2000 (OO04MYZ)

2. Paul K (K50PTK

3. Nismoandy (WP06FNX )

4. kayjay0_7

Do you have a route planned out yet? South mimms is the wrong direction for me to go but I live along the M1 so i might be able to catch you all as you go past if thats your route.

@Redsky

This will pretty much be the route mate :) We wont be able to stop anywhere as timings are pretty tight, is it much out of your way to come to South mimms? If it is, just try to catch us on the way. If its your first Japfest like mine last year) traveling on Convoy is really cool and helped me with the whole "where the hell do I go when I'm at the circuit"  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/South+Mimms,+Potters+Bar/Silverstone+Circuit,+Towcester+NN12+8TN/@51.7235372,-0.5627523,10z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x48763d7091ac7c11:0x8fc4e3ebb6fc8395!2m2!1d-0.2323459!2d51.6947987!1m5!1m1!1s0x48771c5823926c25:0x1142afb591c324a6!2m2!1d-1.0146634!2d52.0733006

@cs2000 Im right on junction 10 of the M1 so it is a bit of a trek down to south mimms xD. Its probably only 2 or 3 minutes from my house to being actually on the M1 though so I might be able to catch you all as you pass.

Edited by Redsky

50 minutes ago, MattRwebB said:

1. Cs2000 (OO04MYZ)

2. Paul K (K50PTK

3. Nismoandy (WP06FNX )

4. kayjay0_7 (LR56DDO)

5. Mattrwebb 

meeting at south mums for 6-6:30 Yh? :)

Correct mate, we will be departing at 6:40, so yeah meet there sometime around 6-6:30 :) See you guys there. Cleaning day tomorrow!

I did a massive clean a few weeks ago, like 3 stage DA, clay, multiple washes etc, be wont be too bad for me. Still gotta get the wheels off, touch up he calliper paint, clean wheels inside and out however and of course a proper good wash :)

Cleaned and polished the car today , it’s already full of fluff and dust , the neighbours had a bbq so there’s a bit of ash on there too

will give it s once over when we get there tomorrow 

thats the last time I get a black car 

7 minutes ago, Redsky said:

Any chance i could hand my number to someone and you give me a little message as you pass junction 9 of the m1? I should be able to meet up with you when you pass junction 10 :) 

Pm sent