New to the forum - Here is my Zed

On 1/28/2018 at 18:14, Kingsley said:

Touch wood one day I’ll have these on the Zed. 

Its all takes time tho as everything cost the earth lol but what doesn’t ay? ;) 

Ill keep with the updates as and when I do something.

Can I use this as my progress thread? 

If I'm brave enough, I'll be rocking the Cosmis wheels too at some point!

All about patience...and money, definitely money.

Yeah, please do. I'm not 100% sure so don't take this as gospel, but you can do little updates on this thread, new wheels, front lips etc, but if you plan on doing a big overhaul of parts, then it'll need it's own section, but won't hurt putting them in their own thread categories anyway, new wheels in "Wheels" etc. Make sense?  

On 30/01/2018 at 09:30, eroll_350z said:

If I'm brave enough, I'll be rocking the Cosmis wheels too at some point!

All about patience...and money, definitely money.

Yeah, please do. I'm not 100% sure so don't take this as gospel, but you can do little updates on this thread, new wheels, front lips etc, but if you plan on doing a big overhaul of parts, then it'll need it's own section, but won't hurt putting them in their own thread categories anyway, new wheels in "Wheels" etc. Make sense?  

Sweet, I get what you mean. I’ll add to this for little bits and bobs :) 

Just currently waiting for my mechanic to be free so I can get my coilovers on, new banana arms and braided clutch line with a full clutch fluid flush out. 

Then as the months get warmer ill I’ll look at getting that lip installed. What’s best for this btw, tiger seal it on and use a few screws which can be always be filled and hidden later? 

On 30/01/2018 at 13:01, Cimanu said:

I'm fairly certain I've heard this before and it sounds like nothing else..! Nice car, almost perfect just needs the frost leather

Thank you. 

Tbh you may have heard it before but not in my ownership tho I think it sounds naughty :) 

I get what your saying about the frost leather interior but for me I wanted black as the idea I have for the interior colour scheme wouldn’t match the white. 

On 2/4/2018 at 16:22, Kingsley said:

Sweet, I get what you mean. I’ll add to this for little bits and bobs :) 

Just currently waiting for my mechanic to be free so I can get my coilovers on, new banana arms and braided clutch line with a full clutch fluid flush out. 

Then as the months get warmer ill I’ll look at getting that lip installed. What’s best for this btw, tiger seal it on and use a few screws which can be always be filled and hidden later? 

Nice, what are your plans with the coilovers?  Slammed or fast road use? Either way, Z's look brilliant lowered. You should feel a difference once that is done, a lot of people swap them for braided lines.

Am thinking of getting an uprated clutch soon and lightened flywheel once mine is on the way out, I get the odd juddering when pulling away but not all the time so will wait a little longer.

The fitment of mine wasn't too bad, so I only used 2 self tapping screws just on the inside of the wheel arches. Not on the lining but the actual wing, cannot really explain it but if you saw where, you'd know where I mean. It has been fine so far, few scrapes on steep speed humps but that's it, nothing major. 

Saving up for a new set of wheels now and possible coilovers soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2018 at 11:08, eroll_350z said:

Nice, what are your plans with the coilovers?  Slammed or fast road use? Either way, Z's look brilliant lowered. You should feel a difference once that is done, a lot of people swap them for braided lines.

Am thinking of getting an uprated clutch soon and lightened flywheel once mine is on the way out, I get the odd juddering when pulling away but not all the time so will wait a little longer.

The fitment of mine wasn't too bad, so I only used 2 self tapping screws just on the inside of the wheel arches. Not on the lining but the actual wing, cannot really explain it but if you saw where, you'd know where I mean. It has been fine so far, few scrapes on steep speed humps but that's it, nothing major. 

Saving up for a new set of wheels now and possible coilovers soon.

Sorry for the long wait on a reply lol. 

Im looking at just getting rid of as much arch gap as possible without it being stupid low, so I guess that is fast road use. 

20mm on the back n 15-20mm on the front. 

I get where you mean in regards to them fixings for the splitter. 

Did you not use any stuff like tiger seal on it at all? Also did you heat it to give it a better fit? Mine is the polly one from tarmac sportz. 

14 hours ago, Kingsley said:

Sorry for the long wait on a reply lol. 

Im looking at just getting rid of as much arch gap as possible without it being stupid low, so I guess that is fast road use. 

20mm on the back n 15-20mm on the front. 

I get where you mean in regards to them fixings for the splitter. 

Did you not use any stuff like tiger seal on it at all? Also did you heat it to give it a better fit? Mine is the polly one from tarmac sportz. 

Haha no worries! 

That's a sensible drop, still functional, mines on Tein S Tech lowering springs, aprox 1.5 inch drop, really sorts the look of the car, especially when the springs settle. Will be going for coilovers soon I think but for now, the springs will do nicely.

I didn't use any tiger seal or 3m tape, just the 2 screws when they are and that's it. The fit wasn't bad but I didn't get it from a trader on here, I got it elsewhere as I could only find the one I wanted online. It'll be easier to fit and mold around the bumper if you heat it before fitting, I couldn't do it to mine because it was fibreglass, more risk of cracking with heat. 

2 hours ago, eroll_350z said:

Haha no worries! 

That's a sensible drop, still functional, mines on Tein S Tech lowering springs, aprox 1.5 inch drop, really sorts the look of the car, especially when the springs settle. Will be going for coilovers soon I think but for now, the springs will do nicely.

I didn't use any tiger seal or 3m tape, just the 2 screws when they are and that's it. The fit wasn't bad but I didn't get it from a trader on here, I got it elsewhere as I could only find the one I wanted online. It'll be easier to fit and mold around the bumper if you heat it before fitting, I couldn't do it to mine because it was fibreglass, more risk of cracking with heat. 

Im hoping the 20mm will banish the arch gap at the back of the Zed. 

Yer I’m thinking I might give it a heat first and clamp it till it cools, then fix it on for good. 

I took my number plate off off yesterday and put a sticker one in place. Was to dark by the time I was done to see the overall out come. Tho I could see the holes in the bumper starting to show already :( so I’m thinking of sticking the standard plate to the bumper with some strong tape of sorts.  

7 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

Im hoping the 20mm will banish the arch gap at the back of the Zed. 

Yer I’m thinking I might give it a heat first and clamp it till it cools, then fix it on for good. 

I took my number plate off off yesterday and put a sticker one in place. Was to dark by the time I was done to see the overall out come. Tho I could see the holes in the bumper starting to show already :( so I’m thinking of sticking the standard plate to the bumper with some strong tape of sorts.  

Don't think it will get rid of it all but it will certainly make it look a lot better, I saw a stock height one and it made me realise how much it actually lowered mine.

Sound like a good plan bud, best to way to do it. Doing it right the first time saves a lot of time later on down the line.

Oh them bumper holes!!!! They make the bumper look so ugly I think, I have a JDM style front plate that covers the holes so I'm happy, am thinking of getting a new bumper with the holes filled in so I can have my plate offset.

There is a way of filling the holes properly but I'm not 100% sure on how to do it, there is a thread on here I think if you fancy a gander.

On 16/02/2018 at 12:15, eroll_350z said:

Don't think it will get rid of it all but it will certainly make it look a lot better, I saw a stock height one and it made me realise how much it actually lowered mine.

Sound like a good plan bud, best to way to do it. Doing it right the first time saves a lot of time later on down the line.

Oh them bumper holes!!!! They make the bumper look so ugly I think, I have a JDM style front plate that covers the holes so I'm happy, am thinking of getting a new bumper with the holes filled in so I can have my plate offset.

There is a way of filling the holes properly but I'm not 100% sure on how to do it, there is a thread on here I think if you fancy a gander.

Sweet, I will have a look for that guild. 

I was thinking of filling it, sanding them back and then put a new vinyl plate over the top. 

10 hours ago, Kingsley said:

Sweet, I will have a look for that guild. 

I was thinking of filling it, sanding them back and then put a new vinyl plate over the top. 

Sounds good mate. I'm just making it easy for myself, I'm looking at buying a stock front bumper that has been debadged and had the bumper holes filled. Quite like the look of the clean front end with no badge.

55 minutes ago, eroll_350z said:

Sounds good mate. I'm just making it easy for myself, I'm looking at buying a stock front bumper that has been debadged and had the bumper holes filled. Quite like the look of the clean front end with no badge.

Yer that does sound a lot easier tbh. 

Tho for me I’m a fan of the badge, I feel it suits the car, I’m looking at getting my Z badges hydro dipped soon. 

Its all a each to their own kinda thing. 

I cant remember if I asked already but I take it you are going JapFest in May, if so would be nice to put the few mid blues that are going next to each other. We guys need to stick together ya? ;) 

19 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

Yer that does sound a lot easier tbh. 

Tho for me I’m a fan of the badge, I feel it suits the car, I’m looking at getting my Z badges hydro dipped soon. 

Its all a each to their own kinda thing. 

I cant remember if I asked already but I take it you are going JapFest in May, if so would be nice to put the few mid blues that are going next to each other. We guys need to stick together ya? ;) 

Exactly, each to their own, but to be fair, I have seen a night blue with white badges and white wheels and it looked incredibly gorgeous, which is why I am getting white wheels soon, so will spray the badges to see if they match, if not, they will most likely be coming off the car.

What colour are you hydro dipping the badges to?

I do plan on going, but need to sign up to go as part of the group stand, would love to be part of that, went in my Civic Type R last year and it was amazing. Haha we do indeed, rare colour my friend, need to stay stronger together :lol:.

Have you signed up to go as part of the group?

8 hours ago, eroll_350z said:

Exactly, each to their own, but to be fair, I have seen a night blue with white badges and white wheels and it looked incredibly gorgeous, which is why I am getting white wheels soon, so will spray the badges to see if they match, if not, they will most likely be coming off the car.

What colour are you hydro dipping the badges to?

I do plan on going, but need to sign up to go as part of the group stand, would love to be part of that, went in my Civic Type R last year and it was amazing. Haha we do indeed, rare colour my friend, need to stay stronger together :lol:.

Have you signed up to go as part of the group?

I could can picture the white going very nicely with the mid blue!

I am going for a carbon fibre theme on the outside of the car, so would be looking at a carbon fibre dip. I already have the 350z lettering for the bad of the car dipped. I’m yet to install them but they look sweet af  off the car. 

Yer I’m signed up and can wait! My first JapFest so I’m really excited :) 

You said that right, we are one of the rarer colours, so strength in numbers is key for us lol. 

14 hours ago, Kingsley said:

I could can picture the white going very nicely with the mid blue!

I am going for a carbon fibre theme on the outside of the car, so would be looking at a carbon fibre dip. I already have the 350z lettering for the bad of the car dipped. I’m yet to install them but they look sweet af  off the car. 

Yer I’m signed up and can wait! My first JapFest so I’m really excited :) 

You said that right, we are one of the rarer colours, so strength in numbers is key for us lol. 

I am happy with the way it looks, seen 1 or 2 pics on the interwebs, it really brings the colour to life. 

I do like a debadge bumper, any pics? I like carbon fibre, thinking of getting my bonnet carbon fibre dipped to go with my carbon eyelids, looks slightly weird in certain light, with the blue of the bonnet catching the carbon.

It's only my second JapFest but I'm looking forward to it just as much as my first one! 

Nice one! Will definitely keep an eye out for you. Whereabouts in Essex are you? Maybe we can try and arrange a meeting point beforehand with a couple of others and roll in together? Will make for a good picture.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:04, eroll_350z said:

I am happy with the way it looks, seen 1 or 2 pics on the interwebs, it really brings the colour to life. 

I do like a debadge bumper, any pics? I like carbon fibre, thinking of getting my bonnet carbon fibre dipped to go with my carbon eyelids, looks slightly weird in certain light, with the blue of the bonnet catching the carbon.

It's only my second JapFest but I'm looking forward to it just as much as my first one! 

Nice one! Will definitely keep an eye out for you. Whereabouts in Essex are you? Maybe we can try and arrange a meeting point beforehand with a couple of others and roll in together? Will make for a good picture.

I have seen a few on google and they look good with the white. 

Sorry my Zeds not debadged so have no pics, I’m planning to keep it fully badged. It’s a spare 350z lettering that is dipped but I am yet to remove the old lettering. 

I was was planning on getting some carbon eyelids this month but all I can find on eBay are coming from Japan/China and I’m worried on quality. 

It sounds like we are on a similar page as I was thinking dipping or buying a carbon bonnet, tho again this would be one of the very last buys, would rather see it on yours first just incase it’s not a bit of me lol ;) 

Its my first JapFest so really looking forward to it !!!!!!

I’m based in Harlow so pretty much a straight shot down into London via the M11. I would definitely be down for a meet up before, I don’t mind driving out the way abit if I must. 

30 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

I have seen a few on google and they look good with the white. 

Sorry my Zeds not debadged so have no pics, I’m planning to keep it fully badged. It’s a spare 350z lettering that is dipped but I am yet to remove the old lettering. 

I was was planning on getting some carbon eyelids this month but all I can find on eBay are coming from Japan/China and I’m worried on quality. 

It sounds like we are on a similar page as I was thinking dipping or buying a carbon bonnet, tho again this would be one of the very last buys, would rather see it on yours first just incase it’s not a bit of me lol ;) 

Its my first JapFest so really looking forward to it !!!!!!

I’m based in Harlow so pretty much a straight shot down into London via the M11. I would definitely be down for a meet up before, I don’t mind driving out the way abit if I must. 

Ah okay...I get you, not fully debadge. That'll clean it up a bit I think. 

I got mine from eBay for about £30, wasn't really sure what to expect but was really happy with the quality when they arrived, they were from China but only took a few days to arrive, I'll send the link if I can find it again. 

I do like carbon bonnets, looking to get mine wrapped for Japfest along with other little mods to do beforehand. Will post pics to show you so you can tell if you'll like it haha. 

I'm only about 30 mins from Harlow, so not far at all. I'm in Chingford, near Buckhurst Hill/Loughton. 

I need to come up that way anyway, we could be proper chavvy and meet in the McDonald's on the Hastingwood roundabout?? 

On 27/02/2018 at 09:57, eroll_350z said:

Ah okay...I get you, not fully debadge. That'll clean it up a bit I think. 

I got mine from eBay for about £30, wasn't really sure what to expect but was really happy with the quality when they arrived, they were from China but only took a few days to arrive, I'll send the link if I can find it again. 

I do like carbon bonnets, looking to get mine wrapped for Japfest along with other little mods to do beforehand. Will post pics to show you so you can tell if you'll like it haha. 

I'm only about 30 mins from Harlow, so not far at all. I'm in Chingford, near Buckhurst Hill/Loughton. 

I need to come up that way anyway, we could be proper chavvy and meet in the McDonald's on the Hastingwood roundabout?? 

If you can find the link that would be great. 

O sweet, a pic will be great and I’ll also be able to see it wrapped in the flesh at jap fest. I am thinking it will look spot on as I think carbon matched the tone on the mid blue paint imo. 

You basicaly are around the corner from me.

Sounds like a plan! A chavvy meet at Hastingwood macdonals, then we can hit the “touch wood” open road to jap fest! 

45 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

If you can find the link that would be great. 

O sweet, a pic will be great and I’ll also be able to see it wrapped in the flesh at jap fest. I am thinking it will look spot on as I think carbon matched the tone on the mid blue paint imo. 

You basicaly are around the corner from me.

Sounds like a plan! A chavvy meet at Hastingwood macdonals, then we can hit the “touch wood” open road to jap fest! 

Not the same link to mine as I cannot find them anymore.....but these are the same just a bit more expensive: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBER-Head-lights-EYELID-EYEBROW-LINES-For-NISSAN-350Z-Z33-2003-2008/181948645249?hash=item2a5cfbff81:m:mpx-JQXoB0gjJ9S7Jxauwxg

Yeah definitely, hopefully will be able to post some pics soon, if not, like you said, you'll see it  first hand at Japfest.

Sounds good to me! Looking to leave pretty early so I can get there for when the gates open for the club entry, I think the club entry is open from 7am?? or 7:30am, not sure 100%. So if you are up for an early meeting point, we can use Hastingwood maccys!

On 28/02/2018 at 13:07, eroll_350z said:

Not the same link to mine as I cannot find them anymore.....but these are the same just a bit more expensive: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBER-Head-lights-EYELID-EYEBROW-LINES-For-NISSAN-350Z-Z33-2003-2008/181948645249?hash=item2a5cfbff81:m:mpx-JQXoB0gjJ9S7Jxauwxg

Yeah definitely, hopefully will be able to post some pics soon, if not, like you said, you'll see it  first hand at Japfest.

Sounds good to me! Looking to leave pretty early so I can get there for when the gates open for the club entry, I think the club entry is open from 7am?? or 7:30am, not sure 100%. So if you are up for an early meeting point, we can use Hastingwood maccys!

Sounds good to me. Earlier the better!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just randomly stumbled back across my first post on here ever, so thought I’d just swing some current pictures up of how she is looking two years on lol. If anyone wants a more detailed breakdown on the mods then just ask. 

My insta is @kingz_350z if you would like to see more pictures of it :)

5E478A0D-50B6-478D-A0C5-9280D0836794.jpeg

8E200D62-F120-4177-B70A-DA435531FEC9.jpeg

8884D056-AECE-4679-AD3B-D8248A661A2D.jpeg

• Like 2