Windscreen washers not working

JoshC

Been meaning to get this sorted for a while but now that there's a load of salt and grit on the roads is becoming more of a pain.

The windscreen washers aren't working at all on my 370. Took it to my garage a while ago just to have a quick check on fuses etc but they couldn't find any specific fuses for the washers and as the wipers themsleves are working and so are the headlight washers, assuming it's not a shared fuse with those.

Will take it back to the garage when I get a chance so they can have a proper look but before I do, does anyone know of any common faults? I'm guessing the motor or something has gone as there's not even any noise when I try to use them...

Cheers :)

If it is the case then does anyone know if this part (from Amazon USA) will fit? Seems to be the same part numbers as the pumps on the UK site. Also, anyone have any clue if there will be import duty charged on it? It's a lot cheaper than websites selling in the UK...

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Washer-Pump-Grommet-fits/dp/B009PC7IKO

Found a thread somewhere about cleaning out the jets and nozzles first as they often get blocked apparently so will try that when I get a chance.

Blue print do them as well but at around £31 - Part number ADN10311. I think purchasing in the UK for slightly higher price will benefit from returns if they are faulty. USD$9 is cheap.....once you add duty and shipping (assuming they are willing to ship to UK) it will be around £15-£20.......

56 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

I have new 350Z front windscreen washer pumps in stock at £12.00 each.

Will they fit a 370z too? Looking at listings on other sites it seems to be the same part? If so, will be in touch if cleaning the nozzles doesn't work! Cheers :thumbs:

55 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

Blue print do them as well but at around £31 - Part number ADN10311. I think purchasing in the UK for slightly higher price will benefit from returns if they are faulty. USD$9 is cheap.....once you add duty and shipping (assuming they are willing to ship to UK) it will be around £15-£20.......

Cheers, not sure if I was looking at the wrong parts on eBay etc but the listings were all aorunf £50-60. If Alex has them for £12 though that'll be perfect, if they're different on the 350 then will have a look on Blue print, cheers :)

1 hour ago, JoshC said:

Will they fit a 370z too? Looking at listings on other sites it seems to be the same part? If so, will be in touch if cleaning the nozzles doesn't work! Cheers :thumbs:

Cheers, not sure if I was looking at the wrong parts on eBay etc but the listings were all aorunf £50-60. If Alex has them for £12 though that'll be perfect, if they're different on the 350 then will have a look on Blue print, cheers :)

Not sure if they have the same t-joint (splitter) as the 350z, faulty no-return valve can be the issue. This can be a cheap fix with a non-valved t-joint. Few quids from Halfrauds.