hairyman68

Any meets planned this year..?

17 posts in this topic

We're trying to get a meet going in Howden (M62) week after Easter ... have a drive down

There's often a few questions on this thread regarding a meet in the North East but I've yet to get to one, so....

How about we pick somewhere easy to get to and have quick coffee for an hour and see what develops; a trip with the Yorkshire guys as Attak Z suggests, could go via North York Moors?

Anyway, according to Google there's a Starbucks on the Team Valley Estate, (in or beside the Next store? I've not been). What about a Sunday morning, say 10.30 meet for an 11 am coffee (when they open), car park should be big enough to find a quiet corner before it gets busy. Done by 12, home for Sunday lunch, if that's your thing. 

Let's say early/mid March, what about Sunday 11th March?

Open to alternative dates or locations, but if we don't pin a date and time things seem to drift.

Any takers?

We have had a few meets. Im sure we are due another one like. Usually starting in Middlesbrough and heading around Helmsley and Whitby for a drive out. Ill be up for a meet

Count me in. I can do 11th March as well.

I'm planning on doing Croft on 12th March with a mate if any of you fancy a proper blast out.

5 hours ago, JJ370z said:

Count me in. I can do 11th March as well.

I'm planning on doing Croft on 12th March with a mate if any of you fancy a proper blast out.

Are you going on track with the Zed? Might pop along

7 minutes ago, Davectr said:

Are you going on track with the Zed? Might pop along

Yeah I'm taking the Zed and my mate has an Audi TT (obviously I was quicker :lol:). We done it back end of November as well, absolutely loved it, great track.

I think it's only £10.00 to add passengers as well, so you could come out for a few laps. Or better yet put yours on ;)

I’ve also got a TT and would probably be in that if I come over. May take it on track if there’s any spaces left on the day

You can't come in a TT after I've been giving it big b*ll*ck's about being quicker :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JJ370z said:

You can't come in a TT after I've been giving it big b*ll*ck's about being quicker :lol:

Ha ha, but my TT is much, much quicker than my Zed! Sorry :lol:

On 1/30/2018 at 17:54, Davectr said:

Ha ha, but my TT is much, much quicker than my Zed! Sorry :lol:

What TT you got? 

We've just booked up there. I don't think there is loads of space left, there is one later in the month that is fully booked.

We're going for a drive on Sunday 11th Febraury. No set route yet, we will be starting from Newcastle area if any one wants to join us. All are welcome. 

14 hours ago, JJ370z said:

What TT you got? 

We've just booked up there. I don't think there is loads of space left, there is one later in the month that is fully booked.

We're going for a drive on Sunday 11th Febraury. No set route yet, we will be starting from Newcastle area if any one wants to join us. All are welcome. 

I’ve got an RS

That’s ok, I can never guarantee to make these things so don’t pre book them, it’s just up the road from me so I just tend to pop along on the day if I can and if there’s any spaces (due to non attendees or something) and pay on the day :thumbs:

On 02/02/2018 at 19:07, JJ370z said:

Would be interested in coming along. Only one proviso I'm afraid; engine management light has just come on. Getting  diagnostic check done Saturday morning so depending on the outcome I may get along. I don't think (at least I hope) it isn't serious; been having issues with idle speed so it's probably related to that.

Any thoughts as to where you might start out?

I have an OBD2 you can use to get the diagnostic code if you don't manage to get it sorted. 

The original plan was to do the long way round to Alston from Consett, a better version of this; 

image.png.67725be831f29491e3763203cb3607f4.png

It might be easy to meet at Shell at Heddon if your newcastle ish. (Hexham Road, Heddon-on-the-Wall, Heddon On The Wall NE15 0BG)

I might change my mind depending on the weather. If it's snowing at Consett it will be ridiculous at Alston. If it's bad snow we will head to the coast and it might be a bit warmer. But I dont know any routes that way. Aiming for a 10AM start so about 10:30 at Heddon.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and you can come out!

Well apparently it's the cam sensor. Fault cleared and drove back (to Alnwick) ok but now the lights back on and we're back to a high and erratic idle.

Still seems to have plenty of power but better leave it if I don't have to drive it. Sadly will have to pass this one, but should be ready for the following weekend, new parts permitting.

Real shame because there are some nice roads out that way. A while ago now, but I worked out of Medomsley and then Leadgate for about 8 years and often used to cut across from Tebay on the M6 or Barnard Castle on the A66. Some good sections either side of Middleton across the moors if I remember correctly. Irony is I'll be down that way anyway tomorrow to see my parents in Prudhoe. 

On 10/02/2018 at 21:38, Woodzman said:

Well apparently it's the cam sensor. Fault cleared and drove back (to Alnwick) ok but now the lights back on and we're back to a high and erratic idle.

Still seems to have plenty of power but better leave it if I don't have to drive it. Sadly will have to pass this one, but should be ready for the following weekend, new parts permitting.

Real shame because there are some nice roads out that way. A while ago now, but I worked out of Medomsley and then Leadgate for about 8 years and often used to cut across from Tebay on the M6 or Barnard Castle on the A66. Some good sections either side of Middleton across the moors if I remember correctly. Irony is I'll be down that way anyway tomorrow to see my parents in Prudhoe. 

That sounds strange, hopefully you get it sorted soon. 

The snow was too bad to head up to the moors so we ended up going to the coast for a drive. The roads are great up that way, early morning on a Sunday and you barely see a sole out. 

Here is a pic from the weekend, dont be deceived by the blue sky, it was freezing!!

Coast_1.thumb.jpg.649f427202eebdb18b91524aebf1a029.jpg

• Like 1