Former Scottish 350Z owner looking for Nismo 370Z

Hi, I used to have a 2003 Zed that was my pride and joy but it had to be sold to buy a Nissan X-Trail when I bought a new house :scare:. I now have a Mazda RX8 R3 which I love but After 3 years I feel it’s time for a change. I’ve considered all possible options: M3, Cayman, Boxster, Elise, Evora and even a Supra or R33 but I think the Nismo 370Z makes the most sense.

I’ve not seen one in the flesh yet - anyone around the North East of Scotland that I could meet up with and have a look? They are a rare sight around Aberdeen unlike Caymans or M3s.

It will be the summer when my finances line up and I am ready to take the plunge. Financially, it’s a bit of a jump, mainly because the Rex cost only £6,000. The resale value will be about £5,000 which is very little depreciation but I have a lot to make up to get the Zed. I’ll also re-enter the real world of car depreciation with a newer car :dry:

Am I right in saying there are not many Nismo 370Z (Mark ll) owners on this forum? Maybe i’m Looking in the wrong area? Either that or i’m going to be told that I should buy a 370Z GT and use the savings to mod the hell out of it! 

Chris

228F1335-79DF-471D-A917-28184FD5EDB1.jpeg

4E5A4D65-202D-4EEA-B2BD-7AF11FEC3998.jpeg

Thanks guys.

Alex we did some business a long time ago on some droplinks and a loud HKS exhaust that came off your track car!  :thumbs:

Mentally, I would like to come in at about £25k but £28k is achievable. I need to wait until I pay off my wifes car loan in July and then I will use those monthly payments towards the Zed. Plan to put down about £15k and take the balance on a personal loan. I'll need to buy a set of winter wheels and tyres as well as this will be a daily driver and I live in the county.

There are a couple of cars around the £25 - £26k bracket. I want a black one which seems to be a popular colour. 

A new Stillen supercharged car has just turned up on Autotrader. I'm a bit confused at the fact that it is so cheap? Looks like it was up for sale last year as well for different reasons from what I can glean from Google. I'm not in the market for such a heavily modified car in any case.

Chris

Welcome to the forum.

collected my new 2018 Nismo 2 weeks ago and have now covered 950miles, so should be run in during the next week.

Previoisly had a 2017 M4 competition pack which was great but think I prefer the Nismo. It certainly doesn’t feel like it should be £30k less than the M4 CP. it’s a great car.

First mod prior to delivery was removing the ugly front number plate plinth.

4_DE2704_C-_B000-4_E0_A-_A696-_D4_D12117

D2975446-7_F6_D-43_CC-_AD6_A-_EA34106_D9

103197_EA-7_C12-42_F4-_B296-1_D4_BB104_C

Edited by Bikeracer

19 hours ago, Bikeracer said:

Welcome to the forum.

collected my new 2018 Nismo 2 weeks ago and have now covered 950miles, so should be run in during the next week.

Previoisly had a 2017 M4 competition pack which was great but think I prefer the Nismo. It certainly doesn’t feel like it should be £30k less than the M4 CP. it’s a great car.

First mod prior to delivery was removing the ugly front number plate plinth.

4_DE2704_C-_B000-4_E0_A-_A696-_D4_D12117

Awesome! Just what I am looking for although I couldn’t handle the depreciation of a new car so will look to pick up a 2016.

On 16/01/2018 at 17:30, Rubber said:

I’ve read that the exhaust note is a bit of a let down alright :dry:. I’ve heard some clips of the AAM short tails which sound good and look like pretty good value.

I saw some videos, in america they get non resonated aam tails dirt cheap. From torqen they are £680 resonated, stainless steel. Or full system invidia for £1000...both not too loud.

The stock exhaust post 2015 is worse than some 2 liters out there lol, the aygo my mom got had a louder down shift and thats a 1.4 auto or something lol

On 16/01/2018 at 13:01, Rubber said:

Thanks guys.

Alex we did some business a long time ago on some droplinks and a loud HKS exhaust that came off your track car!  :thumbs:

Mentally, I would like to come in at about £25k but £28k is achievable. I need to wait until I pay off my wifes car loan in July and then I will use those monthly payments towards the Zed. Plan to put down about £15k and take the balance on a personal loan. I'll need to buy a set of winter wheels and tyres as well as this will be a daily driver and I live in the county.

There are a couple of cars around the £25 - £26k bracket. I want a black one which seems to be a popular colour. 

A new Stillen supercharged car has just turned up on Autotrader. I'm a bit confused at the fact that it is so cheap? Looks like it was up for sale last year as well for different reasons from what I can glean from Google. I'm not in the market for such a heavily modified car in any case.

Chris

There's a thred on here about that supercharged nismo seems all the work was done by Horsham might be worth having a chat to them ...the add dose read a little strange I must say! But seems legit