New Car!!

Steel Lynx

Had a run in a 65 reg previous model yesterday,felt very quick,i liked it .Motoring press say your newer model is even better.Have been looking for something to replace the Zed, with occasional rear seats for a child but finding it difficult to find something that has the wow factor for reasonable money.

On 1/19/2018 at 14:10, davey_83 said:

Nothing but love for a Pulsar GTi-R, however in standard forum they're tame in this day & age.

ooooo i dunno. 0 - 62 in 5 seconds out of the box is not bad i think for a 25+ year old car. I'm sure Ekona is going to rear his head and rant about how unnecessary 0-62 times are. Nevertheless, with bit of poking and modding they can be a real missile. 

But back to the FK8!! 

Edited by Rock_Steady

^^ I like a good fastest lap stat, but i am pretty sure you would have to take into account the 350 would be naturally running a far better more modern tyre than that supplied on an old Pulsar.

Tyre improvement is and has been a game changer.

On 1/19/2018 at 14:10, davey_83 said:

Nothing but love for a Pulsar GTi-R, however in standard forum they're tame in this day & age.

Until/if they bring out the new one. I think it's still in concept stage at the moment but it's supposedly has a GT-R engine :D

Nissan Pulsar GTI.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Best fwd hatch you can buy. Great cars. They also claim every spoiler, splitter and scoop is functional and not for show.

The bonnet scoop, apart from helping cool the engine, helps reduce lift. As does the aluminium under tray that runs the length of the car. The rear wing creates 66lbs of downforce at 124Mph (I don't know if that's a lot as far as downforce goes) and the little knobbly bits on the roof are vortex generators that assist with airflow over the rear wing. The side skirts also assist. I think it's touted as a negative lift package. I don't know if that's another word for downforce but there it is. :) 

Regardless, I love the car. It is awesome :D 

Edited by Steel Lynx