Wheel arch extensions - recommend?

Andymac183

How much wider? You could get up to about 40mm extra clearance with standard arches and a talented man on the puller/roller, if youre going much more than that you would probably need to blend bumpers in as it would look a bit weird otherwise. 

And why do you want to do it - bear in mind it will involve paint and some bodywork, then you need wheels to fill the arches, tyres, lows ......... not saying dont do it (I did and loved the result), just that its not to be taken lightly :)

You got pics of yours as reference?  I'm doing it purely because I love the wide look, and I like the look of arches 'added on' so wouldn't go the rolling route you describe. And yeah I'm in the market for wheels and tyres to match, I love the look of deep dish wheels too but they're proving hard to find as well!

Mine was done in metal ......... after Id driven it into a ditch, Id never have done it otherwise :lol:

My arches were probably about 80mm extended each side and the wheel specs I was running were faintly ridiculous - 18x10 ET -35 front , 11.5 ET -25 at the rear or something, wheels like that dont come up very often and spacing wheels for widearches is not acceptable ........ :lol:

q0uEIoQ.jpg

and it ended up white, notice how much has been added to the Chargespeed bumpers to make them fit with the arches:

AyO7eIb.jpg 

4 hours ago, docwra said:

Mine was done in metal ......... after Id driven it into a ditch, Id never have done it otherwise :lol:

My arches were probably about 80mm extended each side and the wheel specs I was running were faintly ridiculous - 18x10 ET -35 front , 11.5 ET -25 at the rear or something, wheels like that dont come up very often and spacing wheels for widearches is not acceptable ........ :lol:

q0uEIoQ.jpg

and it ended up white, notice how much has been added to the Chargespeed bumpers to make them fit with the arches:

AyO7eIb.jpg 

It does look lovely though. Where did you get the paint job done?