2004 Azure Blue build

alistair

3 hours ago, Silkygun said:

Just a lazy driveway photo, haven't had it for too long so not started doing much yet but hopefully more to come this year! 

I'm Coningsby way but get in to Lincoln quite a bit! IMG-20171029-WA0004.thumb.jpg.67a5443db7fda9e39915a8107bb1449c.jpg

Looking great mate :thumbs: My second favourite colour ;)

14 hours ago, alistair said:

Looking great mate :thumbs: My second favourite colour ;)

Cheers mate, I was between orange and blue but the missus made the final decision!

1 hour ago, Whitevanman said:

i'll let you know mate as i find out about them, theres normally a meet at Waddington on the 2nd  sunday of the month on the a15 opposite the Vulcan, 10am till 12ish café on site so you can get a bit of breakfast......

Is that with LD? I try to get to their midweek meetings but until summer I'm busy Sunday mornings!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silkygun said:

Cheers mate, I was between orange and blue but the missus made the final decision!

Is that with LD? I try to get to their midweek meetings but until summer I'm busy Sunday mornings!

yeah its with LD, did a couple of local shows with them last year as well, all types of cars not just jap. Ive not been to any of the evening meets just the weekend ones. but I will try to get to the evening ones this summer if I can.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Whitevanman said:

yeah its with LD, did a couple of local shows with them last year as well, all types of cars not just jap. Ive not been to any of the evening meets just the weekend ones. but I will try to get to the evening ones this summer if I can.....

I'm gona try and get to more shows this year, it's normally a good group/mix of people that go! Just waiting for the weather to improve!

16 hours ago, alistair said:

@Silkygun and @whitevanman have you guys done a track day at cadwell yet? hopefully get there this summer !

Not done Cadwell yet, went up to Blyton Park last year, much more forgiving!

Quite embarrassingly I have not only odd tyres on the zed but budgets too!

I didn't put them on its how it came, with goodyear F1's on the front and some jingyung rears which I have found are all absolutely terrible!

one thing they were good for was learning how to drive a rwd car :lol: 

So I took advantage of a 20% sale day on ebay and bought some Yokohama AD08R's which I've researched a lot and think will improve the handling a lot! 

i saved nearly 200 quid which is a bonus too!

Before i put them on I'm going to get my wheels refurbished, none are curbed however the paint could do with a refresh and hey why not have nice new looking wheels !

IMG_4849.JPG

On 1/17/2018 at 19:36, Silkygun said:

Just a lazy driveway photo, haven't had it for too long so not started doing much yet but hopefully more to come this year! 

I'm Coningsby way but get in to Lincoln quite a bit! IMG-20171029-WA0004.thumb.jpg.67a5443db7fda9e39915a8107bb1449c.jpg

@Silkygun was it you I saw on saturday morning, I was driving down the A46 towards lincoln!

So on a very cold and rainy Sunday night, I got my car up on axle stands last night.

This is so i can have the wheels put in an acid bath and repainted then have my new tyres put on.

I'll attach some photos of the wheel condition and as you can see they aren't curbed but there is corrosion starting on the barrels, and when changing tyre's its just nice to do this at the same time.

Also does anyone run tyre lettering ? (like in the photo) tempted to order some but not sure if my car is aggressive enough due to it looking pretty much standard for now....

IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

tyre lettering.jpg

So friday afternoon I got a call to say my wheels were ready

Had really good service, Acid dipped, powder coated, new tyres on and balanced and old tyres disposed off for £200

with a two day turn around there really wasn't anything to complain about !

Apart from putting them back on in the rain :dry: I did manage to get her clean yesterday it may not look much different to most but makes the car look newer in real life!

So the Yokohama AD08r's once all the top layer had been stripped off the tyres felt awesome compared to what I have before! you can tell they have harder sidewalls which feels good turning in :thumbs: made me feel alot safer driving, not sure the misses did in the passenger seat ;)

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5208.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

So I have my first MOT outing today, which hopefully everything checks out okay.

But its typical stuff goes round just before, luckily it was nothing major! side repeater lense had fallen off, so quick trip to amazon got me sorted and ordered some nice cheap 'smoked' ones

I bought trim tools the other year for another car and they are fantastic for jobs like this, it took me longer to write this post than change it.

On another note I am rather worried about my decat pipes failing me :headhurt:but we shall see, wish me luck!

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

• 2 weeks later...