CAT Driver Training Days 2018 - Member Offers

Stutopia

On 1/22/2018 at 21:36, Woodzman said:

Go on then, let me be the first. Please put me down for the Cornering Masterclass day. 

Hi Woodzman

Very sorry but Sunday 24th June needs to be rescheduled due to Millbrook Event activity on the Steering Pad.  I could offer Saturday 2nd June as the first alternative ... would this date work for you?  Let me know and I'll then plan accordingly.  Otherwise I'll be in touch with a later date in due course.

KR

Jo

Sorry to hear that Jo, I'd got a good deal on a Travelodge too.

Might be able to make June 2nd, what later dates had you in mind? Only reason is that just started getting some shudder under braking from rear; suspect new discs might be in order, but need time to investigate/change. If it's into August/September then work gets really busy.

Apologies for the delay in replying.

There's not been much take up on the forum this year as you'll have seen - sorry you had already booked accommodation.  

Datewise it would likely be October but confirmation wouldn't come until nearer the time.  

Let me know if you want to go for 2nd June or later.

KR

Jo

On 1/10/2018 at 14:02, SuperStu said:

Performance Driver Days - Sunday 20th May

1. taybo

2. Flashback

3. James M-S

4. Peter F

5. Richard H

6. Cossiemike

Last place now filled by Cossiemike ... looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

KR

Jo

• Like 2

11 hours ago, taybo said:

Can anyone recommend track insurance to cover me for Sunday? Adrian Flux apparently can't cover me!

Ryan Motorsport will quote you for a stand alone policy Taybo.  FYi some take it out, some don’t – probably more that don’t.  It’s whatever gives you peace of mind but know that Health & Safety is our highest priority as is that you leave as you arrived.  We’re now in our 14th year and have worked with over 4,600 clients …. we have never had an incident in a client vehicle at Millbrook.  The instructor is sat alongside you when it is your turn for the exercises and an extra pair of eyes looking out for you both.  There will be other users in the proving ground on the day as we don’t have it exclusively – cost would be extreme if we did … but it is a professional working environment.  The facility isn’t like Silverstone/Donington etc. which is built with run off areas in mind, so other than the exclusive circuits (Steering Pad / Dynamics Pad / Mile Straight Apron) there isn’t run off areas to ‘fall into’ – but this is why we like it.  Training is progressive and you will be making incremental increases as you develop through the day. 

Hope this helps.

KR

Jo

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taybo said:

Can anyone recommend track insurance to cover me for Sunday? Adrian Flux apparently can't cover me!

I had the same question when I did my day 

Honestly don't worry about it I don't think there could be a safer track based experience 

Go along don't worry and most of all have fun :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Another great Performance Driver 'Track' Day with Nissan 350z & Porsche enthusiasts on Sunday at Millbrook. The sun shone & your own Flashback & Richard won the days awards. Richard put himself on the league table in 3rd place, setting the fastest time of the day in the Gymkhana: 42.19. Great time putting a Porsche inbetween the Nissans on the table. Flashback was the Driver of the Day.  A couple of photos here to capture the moment.  Lovely group & another enjoyable day of driver development.

KR

Jo

I can only echo what @taybo has said. @CAT@CAT Jo I know I said it on the day but once again a great big thank you for the great hospitality from everyone at CAT.  Based on my conversations with the 350z guys who'd been before I had great expectations for this course and I can only say  that those expectations were surpassed in every way.

Please can you let Colin know that I was thrilled with the level of performance he coaxed out of me by the end of the day.  Can you also let him know that he can never tell enough zed stories to us guys on the forum and that I'll be back for more of them as soon as I can make it. :thumbs: 

CAT_Day.png.b7ac67b1a6bdcb3f75924f3320a8d8d8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CAT@CAT said:

Loving the helpful info added to the pic :lol:  You need to get Colin down the pub ... those stories can go on and on and on :surrender:

KR

Jo

Haha I'm sure it looked just like that on your website Jo!  Pub talks sounds like a great idea one day.  Maybe we should turn it into a club day...

• 1 month later...

Hi All

We have a Performance Driver 'Track' Day taking place this Saturday 21st July - there is one place available if any member is interested in joining.  Now's your chance to work with chief instructor Colin and develop your driving knowledge and performance for the road and/or track. 

Let me know if you'd like to join 9ff and Mr Ben this coming Saturday at Millbrook.

KR

Jo

12 hours ago, CAT@CAT said:

Hi All

We have a Performance Driver 'Track' Day taking place this Saturday 21st July - there is one place available if any member is interested in joining.  Now's your chance to work with chief instructor Colin and develop your driving knowledge and performance for the road and/or track. 

Let me know if you'd like to join 9ff and Mr Ben this coming Saturday at Millbrook.

KR

Jo

This course is excellent guys if you have the time and want to learn then get yourself to Millbrook this weekend!