Hi, old member please read post.

Hi guy's, used to be a member on here back in 2007 for a time name was MickJ (have had to rejoin hence MickPJ as couldn't remember my password) I had a couple of Zeds one being a 350Z GT4 in the lovely Ultra Yellow part of the reg was OO05 wonder if it's still about, anyway real reason for being on here is I have been having a clear out at home and came across something that may be of interest to someone, I have a collection of 350Z Sales brochures, Technical Specification brochure, Genuine Accessories brochure, one sales brochure (dated 05/2005 in particular looks really good and don't look like the run of the mill sort of brochure, it comes in it's own folder and has several pages that fold out for a bigger picture, worth having to go with your car.

I am not looking for anything for them, they are all in very good condition and I will even pay the postage if they go to a good home, so first person to PM me saying they want them and an address gets them.

Cheers Mick

Edited by MickPJ
  • Like 1

It was a lovely car and fun to drive, but after some kind person put a block paving brick through the windscreen while on holiday it put me off keeping her, but yes I do miss her though I have had many nice cars since, I nearly bought a 370Z but at risk of upsetting 370Z owners I didn't think it looked as good as the 350Z so didn't bother.

2007 Pete about mid year, I changed the rear light clusters to the LED ones later but when I sold the car I took them off and a guy on here bought them (only took them off as sold the car back to the supplying dealer otherwise would have left them on) I wonder if the UY is still on the road, just did a MoT check and it says that reg don't exist anymore so maybe it has a private plate?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, James Scott-Stacey said:

Hi MickPJ, 

Not sure if you're still on the forums, I'm the current owner of your GT4 with that reg.

James

Hi James, yes I'm still here, are you the 3rd owner as I sold it back to the supplying dealer at Northampton, it looks lovely still in your photos, wish I still had it but wife was so upset about having a brick put through the screen she was worried it or worse would happen to it again, how many miles are on it now? I bought it with just 5k and it would have been less than 10k when I sold it.

On 11/01/2018 at 20:12, MickPJ said:

Lol, no, Hi Zeds, yeah same here had a few cars keyed by scum but the Zed really upset the wife and she didn't want us to keep it anymore after that

S4010035.JPG

Hi, welcome back. Its a real shame when people do things like this to such a beautiful car!

On 03/01/2021 at 18:20, MickPJ said:

Hi James, yes I'm still here, are you the 3rd owner as I sold it back to the supplying dealer at Northampton, it looks lovely still in your photos, wish I still had it but wife was so upset about having a brick put through the screen she was worried it or worse would happen to it again, how many miles are on it now? I bought it with just 5k and it would have been less than 10k when I sold it.

Nice to trace it back to its roots. Not sure which owner I am but a fair bit further on. She's currently sitting on 68 thousand miles which is pretty good considering its coming up to 16 years old this year. Real eye catcher, gets looks everywhere I take it. Its very well kept, and I'm making an effort to keep it in as good a condition as possible. Sits in a garage now when not in use, I think it can easily draw the wrong attention, as you very unfortunately experienced. 

Have you come back to the Zeds since?

On 03/01/2021 at 17:17, James Scott-Stacey said:

Hi MickPJ, 

Not sure if you're still on the forums, I'm the current owner of your GT4 with that reg.

James

That's a nice mileage for its age and it still looks good, it was lucky when whoever threw the brick at it it hit near the top of the screen and slid down hit a wiper arm and dropped onto the bonnet, it put a small chip in the paint about in the middle towards the screen,, I had the proper touch up paint and it covered it quite well.

No I haven't had a Zed since that one I did look at a 370 but it just didn't appeal to me, they were a 2nd car I had a couple of Porsche's  and bm's and into Audi's at the moment got a A6 Avant, saying that if I had seen that up for sale I would have been after it, can I ask what you paid for it, I bought it from Nissan Northampton for £23k and sold it back to them for £19.5k.

I belive the 1st owner was a lady it had just 5k miles on it but the rear tyres were almost slicks and one of the rear shocks was leaking oil, new shocks and tyres were fitted by the dealer.

Enjoy the car, it was a limited edition they only did so many in the yellow and the black,  there should be a plaque with the number on it somewhere, I think it was quite low, they came with a PlayStation and the game GT4 hence the 350Z GT4 moniker.

Cheers Mick

20 hours ago, MickPJ said:

That's a nice mileage for its age and it still looks good, it was lucky when whoever threw the brick at it it hit near the top of the screen and slid down hit a wiper arm and dropped onto the bonnet, it put a small chip in the paint about in the middle towards the screen,, I had the proper touch up paint and it covered it quite well.

No I haven't had a Zed since that one I did look at a 370 but it just didn't appeal to me, they were a 2nd car I had a couple of Porsche's  and bm's and into Audi's at the moment got a A6 Avant, saying that if I had seen that up for sale I would have been after it, can I ask what you paid for it, I bought it from Nissan Northampton for £23k and sold it back to them for £19.5k.

I belive the 1st owner was a lady it had just 5k miles on it but the rear tyres were almost slicks and one of the rear shocks was leaking oil, new shocks and tyres were fitted by the dealer.

Enjoy the car, it was a limited edition they only did so many in the yellow and the black,  there should be a plaque with the number on it somewhere, I think it was quite low, they came with a PlayStation and the game GT4 hence the 350Z GT4 moniker.

Cheers Mick

In fairness that is very lucky, I might have to look and see if I can see where you touched it up. There's a tiny few stone chips around the front bumper that I'd like to get done but apparently the fact that its pearlescent yellow means that it needs three coats, so if the touch up paint is that good then I could be tempted to give that a go. 

I do like the sound of the A6 avant, different car altogether and a whole lot more practical. I paid just over £8k I think, a fair way down from 23k, though with the age you had it at the time I could easily see it being worth all of that. I suspect once I have looked after it for a time I could probably sell it for around the same price, not that I'm intending to at all in the next few years.

Yes! Its number 3 out of 176, only 76 of them were in yellow, so I think it gives me bragging rights. Definetly one to look after. 

James

If you can find any of my old posts there was a guy on here who kept a log of the GT4 cars, who owned them and the plaque # and he seemed to think that No3 was either the press car or used for publicity pictures I can't remember which, considering its age its holding its money well, I would love to hear it with that exhaust system on it, it sounded nice with the std system!

Mick

14 hours ago, MickPJ said:

If you can find any of my old posts there was a guy on here who kept a log of the GT4 cars, who owned them and the plaque # and he seemed to think that No3 was either the press car or used for publicity pictures I can't remember which, considering its age its holding its money well, I would love to hear it with that exhaust system on it, it sounded nice with the std system!

Mick

Here you go:

https://www.350z-uk.com/profile/14439-ken/

Tried that link but couldn't see anything connected to the GT4 or my old posts, but just realised when I tried to look in a couple of years ago I couldn't remember my password so had to reregister with a new name (MickPJ) and password, my old forum name was MickJ if it hasn't been deleted for lack of use.

On 06/01/2021 at 14:59, MickPJ said:

Hi Ebized, yes thats the one, I see after I sold it there was a name change with the new owner (JT) 

Its got me looking at 350 Zeds now lol

Chris from Tarmac Sportz is selling a 50,000 mile GT4 at the moment, very nice condition. 

If you buy that then I wouldn't mind swapping it for your old one ;)

12 hours ago, James Scott-Stacey said:

Chris from Tarmac Sportz is selling a 50,000 mile GT4 at the moment, very nice condition. 

If you buy that then I wouldn't mind swapping it for your old one ;)

Spotted a UY with 33k miles on it for £10k