Steering Wheel Controls

Erni902

Evening guys. I currently have a DE Non-RevUp Zed and I have the steering wheel controls for the stereo along with the cruise control. I am getting the silver surrounds painted and I will therefore lose the lettering/labels for the buttons. I have gone out and purchased some RevUp steering wheel controls as these versions have the lettering on the buttons themselves so that combats that problem.

Only issue being 2 of the RevUp cruise control buttons have been swapped over. On the earlier non-revup the on/off button is in the middle and the cancel button is at the bottom. On the revup version the cancel button is in the middle and the on/off button is at the bottom.

Has anyone done this mod before and can tell me what (if anything) is needed in order to get the buttons working correctly? I havent stripped the wheel down yet as its my daily so once the surrounds are painted and Im ready to fit them I will strip it down. Should is just be a simple case of swapping a couple wires in the connector or something more involved?

A picture paints a thousand words:

DE NON-RevUp:

IMG_0006.JPG.7bcb0fea25be14bd56a0d0edcc24b2e5.JPG

DE REVUP:

android-auto-in-350z-nissan-avh-x8800-conencted-to-steering-wheel-controls.jpg.1404808fdab95b171a7616a38baf8e14.jpg

Apologies for the poor pictures found on google but as it happens I dont have any pictures of my own steering wheel haha. These 2 wheels do however depict exactly what Ive got (although mines obviously RHD).

Any help appreciated.