Engine management flashing randomly

jamzee500

Hi there,

my engine management light flashes a few times then goes off randomly, it might do it again an hour later it might not do it for a week, seems to be at low revs but that could just be coincidence, car seems to drive fine other than that, ive ignored it up untill now as it had only happened twice in 2 months but went on a 300 mile round trip yesterday and it happened 3 times....

anyone know what this could be? Il get it in the garage to get error code read next week but just want to check it doesnt sound like anything major as need to drive it in the mean time

cheers

JM

All I know is, apparently a flashing management light means stop driving instantly, or youl keep doing more damage.. I also know your a brave man for keeping on driving and ignoring it for so long lol

It could just be a faulty sensor and thanks why yours is intermitant, but no wouldn't drive it till I read the codes.. you can buy a basic code reader for about £10 then your not having to mess about with garages just to read a code.