Drifting Sub-Forum - Now Open

Lurch

Could we get a drifting subforum made in the motorsport section.

would be nice to have a centralised place for all the Z drifters out there to discuss stuff and chat without it being all over the shop. 

I think we are getting to a point where there are enough drifters on here to be worth the time to make it.

Cheers

Lurch

Plenty of drifters yes, but how many drifting threads do we have? I can’t remember a single specific one in the last few months (I’m sure there has been a couple though!), so it’s not like we’re overrun with drifting threads that need a home.

The Motorsport section is for stuff like that anyway, so there’s already a home really :) 

The start of a new drift thread would be a good start then people could just set settings to follow if they so desire. I love a bit of drifting and my eldest daughter want to go to the championships in 2018 so I would follow a thread. 

16 hours ago, Ekona said:

Plenty of drifters yes, but how many drifting threads do we have? I can’t remember a single specific one in the last few months (I’m sure there has been a couple though!), so it’s not like we’re overrun with drifting threads that need a home.

The Motorsport section is for stuff like that anyway, so there’s already a home really :) 

surprised you class drifting as a motorsport 

Yeah I understand where you are all coming from but just doesn't feel like there is a place to post certain things.....

For example I am in the process of preparing for my very first drift day at the end of jan and was going to post a thread asking for advice on what I should and shouldn't take from other more experienced drifters, but I didn't know where would be the right place to post. So thought it could be nice to have a place for us all to chat and ask stuff like this.

On 30/12/2017 at 18:35, Ekona said:

I understand what you mean and there is probably not that many.... but that surely is the reason to make them easier to find and put them all in the same place.

On 30/12/2017 at 12:15, Lurch said:

Could we get a drifting subforum made in the motorsport section.

would be nice to have a centralised place for all the Z drifters out there to discuss stuff and chat without it being all over the shop. 

I think we are getting to a point where there are enough drifters on here to be worth the time to make it.

Cheers

Lurch

Good idea, let’s give it a whirl. If it doesn’t go anywhere we can always merge back into “Motorsport”.

https://www.350z-uk.com/forum/252-drifting/

If anyone wants any Drift specific threads moved into the new sub-forum, please use the REPORT button and ask. Thanks.