My Yank's come home

ATTAK Z

On 06/02/2018 at 20:19, ATTAK Z said:

Pulling in a few favours now ... extending the single garage to accommodate the Chevy ... final link in the chain today when the roof tiler and the joiner came up trumps ... I feel a build thread coming on lol

May I remind you about your previous post, " I'm hopeful it will fit in my garage"?

:lol:

Now you are telling us you've got to supersize the garage just to get your new car in. :lol:

• Confused 1

@leonk Well I have done some measurements and calculations ... I have a single detached garage ATM ... internal length is 5160, car is 5020 long, so 140 mm to spare ... door width is 2250, car is 1920 wide, so 165 mm spare each side

So the car fits in the existing garage ... HOWEVER ... the car doors are 1400 mm wide and thus will not open sufficiently for the driver to get out having parked the car (ha ha)

As some on here know, I have been designing buildings all my life and have done a few favours for friends and local builders over the  years so I can now call in a few favours and get the garage extension built at minimum cost

The extension will enable me to get all the accumulation of gardening tools, car parts and fridge, freezer etc. out of the single garage to allow room for the new car and, more importantly, create space to get out of the car ... I budgeted 5K but now expect it to cost a lot less than that due to the input of good friends

I love it when a plan comes together

I was pulling your leg Hugh, I should have inserted a :p.

It made perfect sense all along. I'm looking forward to a bit of a build thread and more pics of the car. 

Now if only you had bought a 1969 Dodge Charger, you wouldn't need to open the doors. :p

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

I'd like to see it in the flesh if you ever go to the northern-ish version of the ace cafe in it. 

It will be at many shows this year (one of the reasons I bought it) but I'm not sure where the northern-ish Ace Cafe is ???

44 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

I'd like to see it in the flesh if you ever go to the northern-ish version of the ace cafe in it. 

It will be at many shows this year (one of the reasons I bought it) but I'm not sure where the northern-ish Ace Cafe is ???

057.jpg

060.jpg

• 1 month later...