Dash cam recommendations please

tspar

Most do fit there. I bought one for £25 off ebay and it does a pretty good job. It was recommended in a number of magazines as the budget option. Other brands like Nextbase etc. seem to come highly rated. I am planning to upgrade at some point but havent yet.

1 minute ago, Whitevanman said:

I've had a nextbase one fitted , have it hard wired in as well to save you struggling to switch on and off when buried behind rear view mirror

Now that sounds like a plan. How much was the installation if you don't mind me asking?

Here you go.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-112

just push the wiring between the headlining and your windscreen from the mounting point to your driver side window column. Push it in behind there with a blunt instrument then run it under your sill cover, behind your seat to your charger point. Job done.

Edited by Payco

I've had a few now, and in the Z I hate having anything on display so I've got a Koonlung K1S (but had endless problems with it, don't recommend it!). In the truck and the other half's car I have DDPai M6+'s and these have been utterly flawless and great image quality. I find all the ones with screens on them and flashy lights quite irritating and massive in the window. I'd also recommend the DDPai Mini 2. People moan about the DDPai software and wifi connection but it seems largely because they don't understand how to use a phone.

1 hour ago, coyoteboy said:

I've had a few now, and in the Z I hate having anything on display so I've got a Koonlung K1S (but had endless problems with it, don't recommend it!). In the truck and the other half's car I have DDPai M6+'s and these have been utterly flawless and great image quality. I find all the ones with screens on them and flashy lights quite irritating and massive in the window. I'd also recommend the DDPai Mini 2. People moan about the DDPai software and wifi connection but it seems largely because they don't understand how to use a phone.

Thanks mate. Those are a couple of cams I have not come across before. Will check them out :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bikeracer said:

Just going to fit these blackvue front and rear cameras this weekend.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/blackvue-dr750s-2ch-dash-cam

New to 370z ownership so need to find the fuse box etc to hardware in. Anyone done this and know which fuse to tap into?

Thanks

Phew, that's a pricey bit of kit !. Will be interested in your thoughts once you get it installed. Also very interested in any hints as to the fuse box and which to use:thumbs:

26 minutes ago, tspar said:

Phew, that's a pricey bit of kit !. Will be interested in your thoughts once you get it installed. Also very interested in any hints as to the fuse box and which to use:thumbs:

I’ve got the same set up in my Porsche 911 turbo, really impressed with it.

I bought a Nextbase Duo Twin Cam about new year. Got it in the sale at Currys PC World reduced from £200 to £160. AS name suggests, it has 140 degree front cam and 50mm zoom for rear, though for some reason they are both rotatable through 180 degrees? It cost me £81 to get the thing hard wired, so you can't see the wires and it is connected to the internal fuse and comes on and off with the car. It can be set up to record if the car is knocked while parked, but I always take it out in case some git brakes the window to nick it and it is quite visible.