The Z is going.... and I couldn't be more annoyed

AMT

4 hours ago, coldel said:

Did I do it wrong then buying a VX220 when my one was born? :lol:

Don't think a VX220 would work well for the sleep drives I have to take my daughter on!! 

Must have done nearly 5K miles in the last 12 months going around the B roads in Leicestershire at nap time......She refuses to nap unless its in the car.

Cannot complain though, decent excuse for hour long weekend drives :).

Not got time for a big reply Andrew but most of they things are a piece of **** to fix and alot of them are just recommendations and not required yet. And as for the steering rack, yeah they are expensive, around £300 but you can get a seal kit for them for £35. I know because I done mine yesterday lol. I'd keep it if I were you, stop taking it to main dealers and take it somewhere like dynatune in East Kilbride where your going to get the work done right and won't get ripped off in the process. Trust me if you get a normal car you will be depressed within a month and probably find yourself buying brakes/tyres etc within months anyway

• Like 1

So what's the thinking on the rear subframe corroding if it's made of aluminium? Has anyone come across this before?

31 minutes ago, The Chubby Ninja said:

I'd keep it if I were you, stop taking it to main dealers and take it somewhere like dynatune in East Kilbride where your going to get the work done right and won't get ripped off in the process.

I'd also recommend Dyna Tune, I've even travelled over from NI to get some work done there.

T&C - I haven't read the whole thread, but hopefully our offer helps.

Well, it's nearly Xmas, isn't it? :D:santa: 

How about we sponsor some of the items needs doing on your car and you fit these parts yourself, would that help to keep the car? :lol: 

I'm thinking: StopTech F+R pads, TORQEN Undertray (as you have bolts missing on the OEM one I suppose?), drive and aux belts and droplinks. 

You only need quite basic tools for these parts to be fitted. Perhaps another trader can help a brother out and sponsor some discs? :D 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Every time I've been between cars I've bought a little Ford Puma to buzz about in. The 1.7 is the ideal and cheap way to get your petrol head fix and not break the bank. I've owned 5 in total over the years including the FRP. A good tidy example without rear arch rot shouldn't be much more than 1k. Drop some decent seats in it and lower it and they are better than you think. 

• Like 1

The grass is always greener. At least you know the issues with your car, getting something else is a punt and you could end up with an even bigger list of issues compared to what you have now, short of buying nearly new or with warranty this is the roll of the dice you take with car purchases.

I dont think ive ever owned a used car that i was 100% happy with that didnt have something I wanted to get done/sorted etc :lol: