January sales?

fergie1471

I need 4 new tyres on my 370 and just wondering if anyone knows if tyre sites actually have a January sale? Im not sure whether its worth waiting on until next month to change them. A lad I know got some tyres cheap on black Friday but cant remember where he said he got them but it was a considerable amount cheaper he got them for

Yes hunt around all the normal candidates black circles, camskill, tyreleader, asda etc get the best deal you can get. If you are after a specific high performance tyre its usually harder to get a decent price vs being open to a few different top brands.

Had a bit of a mare yesterday. Finally got my super sports fitted only to find out they had put the wrong size on. It was only when all my Traction and ABS lights came on as I went to drive away I investigated. Anyway had to do a repair on my old tyres to get them back on for now and then found out there is no super sports left in the right size. So my question now, Is it better to get the pilot 4 fitted all round as they will all be the same or get the pilot 4 on the fronts and the pilot 4 "S" on the rear as this is where the power is coming from anyway? I know the s is the better tyre but don't do the right size for the front so If I go that route I will have to mix them

No, don’t mix tyres. Go for the 4 all round, they’re better than the old MPSS any way :) 

You could put 4S on the back if you really wanted, but that would be no different than putting Bridgestones on the front and Pirelli on the rear in terms of running very different tyres. Alternatively you could just run different sizes f+r to allow for the 4S, which may actually be the better choice. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ekona said:

No, don’t mix tyres. Go for the 4 all round, they’re better than the old MPSS any way :) 

You could put 4S on the back if you really wanted, but that would be no different than putting Bridgestones on the front and Pirelli on the rear in terms of running very different tyres. Alternatively you could just run different sizes f+r to allow for the 4S, which may actually be the better choice. 

Ill just go for the pilot 4 all round then. I don't fancy messing about with sizes

If you have the choice run all on 4s. I have SS on the rear and 4s on the front and had no problems (the garage made a similar mistake to you). 

I much prefer the 4S over SS. Road noise reduction is massive.