2008-2009 upgrades

JurassicZ

Looking at possibly getting a 2008 or 2009 350Z Roadster for the wife.

A couple of questions on the later cars.

Is the hood material any better than on the early cars?

I understand that the interior trim did get an upgrade during later production years, what differences does this give over the earlier cars in terms of quality?

Thanks Rob

Roof material didn't change at all during the entire production of the 350Z that I'm aware of.

The facelifted interior is much better than the early ones, but it's still not wonderful. That said, if you're looking at '08/'09 cars then they'll all be facelifted anyway, so no fear there. :)

Facelift was 2007, which is also the year the later 313hp HR engine came out. But, there was a load of late registered non HR cars which were registered 2007 & 2008. A quick check under bonnet should show dual air intakes of the HR engine.

In general towards the end of the 350`s production run it seemed the cars had a higher spec to try and clear off the old stock, so a lot of cars will have sat nav and the GT pack.

Roof material was the same as far as I know. In general the 350z hood is a bit clunky and prone to sticking. My car was only 4 years old when I got it and only had 20k on the clock, but even then the hood kept getting stuck as the Nissan main dealer was trying to demo me the car.