New to the site and 350`s, problems in first week

On 10/01/2018 at 14:24, Somadoc said:

Thanks Junkyardbear, the guy I bought from is busy trying to help find a solution.

Tell him to find his wallet whist he's look lol :stir: I've got the c.v joint clicks that's now making car vibrate at certain speeds and making a lumpy feeling like i have a puncher my joints are done for after 1000 miles of starting to fail. Just glad i got £5000 warranty to spend in the next 2 months or id be cheesed off as nothing like that feeling of owning a car for a short time and having problems. 

19 hours ago, Junkyardbear said:

nothing like that feeling of owning a car for a short time and having problems. 

I just love that feeling ............ not!

Anyway, new second hand bcm, ecu and key fob have arrived and the difference in circuitry is profound. The old bcm looks positively drowned by comparison. Fingers crossed the auto electrician will sort this next week and maybe, just maybe I`ll be out in the Z this time next week. 

• Like 2

I have finally got the car back and she`s alive!!! Hopefully all sorted.

So the final diagnosis was that where someone had forced the wiring for a new fog lamp (it was a JDM import) through an existing `portal` they had displaced the watertight grommet and water had entered over time direct into the BCM. Seemingly all of the cars problems were down to BCM water damage. So ECU, BCM, key fob replaced and all working. Phew!

The total bill including parts has been well over £1000 but at least I now have a running Z and am looking forward to getting to know and enjoy her.

As suggested, I did ask the previous owner if he`d like to make a contribution to the final repair bill but I guess you already know his response to this. A disappointing initial experience which I hope to put well behind me. Thank you for all of your support and suggestions to-date.

Robin.

2 hours ago, Junkyardbear said:

Nice one Mr glad your sorted :):):) even £200 would of been a kind gesture from the *** hole. One bit of rubber and all that damage:scare:. Enjoy your Zed :thumbs:

Don't underestimate the importance of "one bit of rubber"!

Many put their faith on a bit of rubber to prevent little accidents while enjoying life's little pleasures :lol:

• Haha 3