New to the site and 350`s, problems in first week

Merry Christmas to you too Junkyardbear. I’ve asked the previous owner about the water damage/ electrical gremlins and in the 6 months he owned the car had he no problems. Just bad timing for me I guess. I’m waiting for the ipdm to arrive and then the bcm and ecu diagnosis. 

I’ll buy you a pint should we ever meet to compensate for the financial loss. 

On 25/12/2017 at 15:25, Somadoc said:

Merry Christmas to you too Junkyardbear. I’ve asked the previous owner about the water damage/ electrical gremlins and in the 6 months he owned the car had he no problems. Just bad timing for me I guess. I’m waiting for the ipdm to arrive and then the bcm and ecu diagnosis. 

I’ll buy you a pint should we ever meet to compensate for the financial loss. 

Oh bless ya Mr that would be great m8 :). Not war mongering but he only owned the car 6 months and soon as you got it all the problems start ummmmm. So I guess they have to solve the leak as well? Have they found out where the water was coming in? I might of missed something in the posts it has been the time of year for random drinking any time of the day lol. Least now the christmas period is over next week things should progress.

Progress would be good, the cars sitting idle waiting for the auto electrician to come back from hols. It’s the potential of the unknown that’s daunting. 

The ipdm case was loose when I opened it and the inside gently mullered as well as crusty, so historic water ingress and mild butchering hopefully years ago. I am where I am and really appreciate the support, thank you. 

An update if I may. The ipdm arrived and was replaced successfully. Sadly no change in symptoms. The bcm was then dismantled and showed historic water damage externally and internally, apparently most heavily around the immobiliser contact area. So now I either need a new bcm which hasn’t been coded or a second hand bcm and paired ecu and key. Hopefully Alex might have something suitable and I can put this disappointing episode behind me and actually drive the bloody thing!! I’ll let you know. 

390450DF-DFF3-4380-9D41-61C7D66446A8.jpeg

2AEA6534-5A75-4269-A959-814372CD3339.jpeg

Welcome to the club and sorry to hear of your poor start to ownership. 

Stick at the car as they are so very very worth it. 

Just my two shillings but I think previous owner knew rightly and was shipping it on as they couldn’t fix. 

• Like 2

I'd have thought these issues would have been on going for a good will to be fair. Any vehicle purchase from a 'meet point' isn't a good idea. One related reason is as a warm vehicle/engine, wont show the issues a cold one will.

Hopefully all sorted soon enough.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

A further update and sadly not the best!

Having found and paid for a brand new body control module advertised in Japan which exactly matches my car, a week on and they`ve just emailed to say it`s no longer available and effectively `there are no more`, Nissan stopped production. So my question is, before I buy a similar bcm and hope it might work with recoding from Nissan, can these things be repaired? I have seen an old post on the forum from July 2011 which says `Husky` repairs bcm`s. 

The auto electrician I`m using reckons the water damage is too great to repair, but I`d like another opinion if anyone can suggest someone or knows of Husky?

Alternatively a replacement ecu, bcm and key all paired for a 2002 JDM automatic, ........... hens teeth?

Hi veeg33, I have and he has a bcm from a 6 speed manual which might work. Speaking to my auto electrician, he`s not phased by the recoding but reckons it really needs to be a bcm from an automatic car. Can`t even be a US car as they`re lhd of course so might differ (plus running lights etc).

3 hours ago, Somadoc said:

Hi veeg33, I have and he has a bcm from a 6 speed manual which might work. Speaking to my auto electrician, he`s not phased by the recoding but reckons it really needs to be a bcm from an automatic car. Can`t even be a US car as they`re lhd of course so might differ (plus running lights etc).

Good luck and hope you'll get is sorted soon so that you can start enjoying the zed. :thumbs:

I wonder what would happen if you were to take it further with the seller.

Like you say, it was advertised as perfect. Looking at the corrosion, that looks like more a long term problem not one thats happened since you bought the car. Id look into either asking him for a partial refund as a good will gesture and if he refuses, maybe look into further action. Gotta be worth a go? 

I have to say, the previous owner has been really supportive and helpful. I trust that he wasn’t aware of the underlying damage. 

Ive managed to find an ecu, bcm and key from a 2002 JDM Auto and my fingers are crossed this’ll sort it! The parts so far are under £400, it’s the auto electricians bill that’s worrying me! I’ll let you all know.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somadoc said:

I have to say, the previous owner has been really supportive and helpful. I trust that he wasn’t aware of the underlying damage. 

Ive managed to find an ecu, bcm and key from a 2002 JDM Auto and my fingers are crossed this’ll sort it! The parts so far are under £400, it’s the auto electricians bill that’s worrying me! I’ll let you all know.  

Im presuming you'll have to recode the key?...i lost one and a replacement recode was about £150 odd quid.