McLaren F1 running costs.... jesus

AMT

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Given the cars are worth a min of £10M, how does that compare with regular stuff in terms of percentages? I mean, it’s a lot of money but is it out of whack considering the value?

They're worth £10m+ now, I think this guy owned his, and when these prices were given to him, when they were still going for ~$1m.  Worth considering it's also American prices that have been quoted (... I mean obviously they're budget car over here and all! :lol:), but there was only 2 places in the US that can service an F1 and neither of them were actually McLaren.

I'd be interested to see how those costs compare to say the P1 GTR LM running costs these days actually, particularly given his comments on the cost of replacing tyres on the F1!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ekona said:

Given the cars are worth a min of £10M, how does that compare with regular stuff in terms of percentages? I mean, it’s a lot of money but is it out of whack considering the value?

One thing i never really got my head around, for example and not that you would, a supercharger kit for a Nsx, cost twice that for a 350z, same goes for a Failside kit, there is absolutely no reason why apart from the car costs more to start.

A Maclaren should cost no more than any other car, its just that they can charge that much.

Its exactly the same in the marine industry, any engine in a boat is just (on the most part) a marinised car/truck engine, yet try buying dealer parts, twice the price if not more, starter motors, filters, alternators etc etc, same goes for the mechanics, back in 98 they were charging £50 an hour, all because its you are considered wealthy to own a boat so you can afford it.

Edited by Jetpilot