Any refrigeration/freezer experts

Cragus

Hey everyone,

I have an integrated fridge/freezer in out kitchen. The model is a Ignis ARL 758/A. The missus started to  notice that things in the freezer were defrosting and when I got in on Tuesday all the food had defrosted. I don't think the  fridge is as cold as it should be either.

Anyways, I turned it off and defrosted the bitch. Turned it back on, compressor kicks in and freezes my test pizza. Come in the next day, defrosted again. I left the doors open for 5 mins and it kicks in to life again.

I assume that since the compressor can kick in and still freeze that the fault maybe lies with something like the thermostat. I kinda figured that the compressor wouldn't kick in at all if the thermostat was broken.

Any words of advice?

Edited by Cragus

16 hours ago, Cragus said:

2. It's integrated and can't find anywhere to buy the same one.

You shouldnt need to buy the exact model, integrated will all be std sizes whether that be 50/50 or 70/30 etc split design.  The only thing you might need to do is change the slider/swing mech for the integrated kicthen doors. Once you have messed about calling someone out, paid for repair you probably wont be too far off the cost of new and most places like AO charge a nominal fitting fee.

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

You shouldnt need to buy the exact model, integrated will all be std sizes whether that be 50/50 or 70/30 etc split design.  The only thing you might need to do is change the slider/swing mech for the integrated kicthen doors. Once you have messed about calling someone out, paid for repair you probably wont be too far off the cost of new and most places like AO charge a nominal fitting fee.

Yeah it'll likely be a 1780mm aperture and its the same weather its a 50/50 or 70/30 split. Door on door or slider rail is key info as it'll need to match your existing in order to save you hastle when fitting. One version to the other is possible but it depends what the current model is, you may require cabinet hinges and receivers. Door on door is a better bet but is likely to be slightly more expensive. Loads about so just check reviews and make your choice.