Refurbished Gearbox Wanted

Eggdaddy

Hi folks.

That day came today when the spirited driving may have finally taken its toll on the box. 

All I noticed was some wheelspin hitting 3rd. Thought Ok whats up with my tyres.

Then moments later hitting 3rd Same thing, then next time I hit 3rd. Nothing. Goes in the selector, but no drive.

Sooo. whats the word on the street to fix this. She has done 125k otherwise in really good nick! 

Am i best refurbishing or looking for a low mileage referb from someones trip to the ditch?

My daily drive, so having to still use it with a missing cog, which im sure is not a great idea.

2004 GT Spec UK

Cheers!

Chris

Edited by Eggdaddy

Chris,

Preowned gearboxes in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Also when the box is out might be a plan to swop out the clutch at the same time.

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/117982-for-sale-clutch-and-flywheel-combo-kits-10-in-stock/?tab=comments#comment-1759827

Alex.

• Thanks 1

You could buy from an unknown on ebay touting a box that may or mat not have done the miles they say.

Or you could buy from Alex, who is well established, respected and trustworthy, knows masses about Zeds, wont tell you any fibs about the past of the box and would no doubt help you if you got into difficulties.

You take a risk to save a few bucks, or you play safe ...

Ps, I'm not related to Alex :lol:, but I've been on this forum for quite a while now.

• Like 1

Toon, I completely agree with that and have bought from alex years past. Was a member on here a long time ago and know Alex is part of the furniture here. I was due to sell the old girl and 1500 + 400 to Drop in and out is going on for half the value mate. No slight on alex intended whatsoever. 

PS for £1600 was quoted a rebuild including new cogs etc OEM ie new box . which sounded a bit too good to be true. 

Edited by Eggdaddy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eggdaddy said:

Could someone clear up that an 05 import box should fit my 04 UK no probs?

Providing it is a 6 speed manual and not an auto box then it will fit, however, you will have to fit a cast UK clutch fork and the appropriate pivot ball.

2 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Providing it is a 6 speed manual and not an auto box then it will fit, however, you will have to fit a cast UK clutch fork and the appropriate pivot ball.

Alex, having never stripped a box . Can they use my existing UK clutch fork and pivot?

For those out there contemplating the same job. My new box was an import and went in no probs, I have noticed the ratio seems very slightly shorter.

The car seems quicker off the line, is this a thing? Are Imports slightly quicker 0-60? 

Seems sweet as a nut.