Two related problems?

saint

I have a standard 2010 GT, and in the last 2 weeks I've noticed a feint hissing sound coming from the center front of the engine. It happens when the car is cold, and varies with the engine revs (above 2000rpm the engine is too loud to hear it). I had it down as a minor annoyance, and was eventually going to ask about it. However, 3 times this week the car has stalled after ignition. The ignition is quick, no struggle to turn over, but then the revs judder and drop massively causing a stall within about a second of ignition.

Are these two things related, what could it be? Engine runs fine once its' started, no lumpiness or loss of power.

Edit - I should point out this issue started happening more in the extreme cold. Until now I was just putting it down to the battery being on its way out seeing as they lose efficiency at low temps.

Edited by saint

Cheers Alex, I'm going to have a poke around at the weekend. I'm guessing the vacuum hoses are just the ones going into the lower plenum like the 350 had, with a breather below the air intakes too. With any luck I will find it before the engine warms up, goes quiet once its all warm. Definitely sounds like an airborne noise though, nothing like a noisy belt etc.

Might end up ordering some hoses ;)