Buying a 350 (help)

MrHolcombeXxX

Hello all,

This is my first post in the forum so thank you in advance.

I've just sold my Seat Leon Cupra R and I'm picking up my first zed (350) this weekend (Saturday). I've never owned one before and I drove one for the first time on Monday.

From what I saw it's a great car, 77k miles, Full Nissan Service History, 2 keys, 1 Years MOT, near standard, 4 good tires, GT pack and the clutch has been done recently.

I've checked a few of the common faults, boot hinges, door hinges, bubbling wheels, rough idle etc and it all seems fine.

The only thing that did scare me a little is the front arches have a little surface rust, is this easy to repair if I take it to a body shop? I've got a Rocket Bunny kit so the arches will be cut eventually too!

I pick the car up Saturday morning and it's booked into a mechanics in his local area for a quick underside check over before I hand the cash over (i'm cautious). 

So, my point is - How concerned should I be about a little rust and is there anything else I should check for on this car before purchasing it?

Thank you all! 

10 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Why don't you post up in the introduction section and introduce your self properly?

There also is a buyers guide section which is very informative.

Also, what year and model is the car?

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise this was a thing. I'll go ahead and do this now!

The car is on a 54 Plate with the 276BHP engine.

9 minutes ago, Ekona said:

If you’re cutting the arches, then rust is a bit irrelevant :lol: 

I understand that, my point was will it be okay for a few months and if it has rust on the arches and I decide not to cut them then what? 

To fit the RB kit, you have to cut them. A few months between shouldn’t make much difference, however I’d put something over the rust to stop it getting any worse at least. 

If you decide not to RB the car, then you can get them done properly. 

4 minutes ago, Ekona said:

To fit the RB kit, you have to cut them. A few months between shouldn’t make much difference, however I’d put something over the rust to stop it getting any worse at least. 

If you decide not to RB the car, then you can get them done properly. 

So you wouldn't let it put you off buying the car? It's the only real thing that concerns me.

Depending on the extent of the rust I would not worry too much about it.

Easily cut out and repaired, however, a pair of rust free or new wings might be a plan for the future.

Certainly not a deal breaker, however, it might give you some negotiating power.

3 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Depending on the extent of the rust I would not worry too much about it.

Easily cut out and repaired, however, a pair of rust free or new wings might be a plan for the future.

Certainly not a deal breaker, however, it might give you some negotiating power.

I didn't even consider the wings are completely replaceable. Surely that would be the best option, just replace both wings? 

That also gives me a spare set to RB!

I doubt there's much negotiation power here, the deal is pretty good and I was like a kid at Christmas when I went to view the car...