McLaren's new 'stick bits together' hypercar...

AMT

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/12/10/This-Is-The-McLaren-Senna-A-789-HP-Road-Legal-Track-God-7742388/

Even in my moderately hungover state (good times), I still think this thing looks a bit.... guff.  Big fan of McLaren and was looking forward to this and I know its meant to be extreme but again it just looks like a parts bin job.  That rear end... and what happened to the middle seat thing?? I thought this was gonna be it. 

Absolutely love it and would have one in a heartbeat if I won the lottery.

What a track toy and with production limited to 500 I would guess that they will be selling at a £250.000 premium in the future

However, on the other hand, you could remain loyal to the Nissan brand and have 10 x R35 GTR's for that money.

That equates to one for every day of the week and 3 spare, just in case one breaks.

It’s a Halfords special without a special drivetrain, I genuinely don’t get the love for it. Of course it’ll be fast and drive well, but no kid is going to put that on their bedroom wall. It’s just a terrible, terrible design. 

Cars can be very fast and look good too, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ekona said:

It’s a Halfords special without a special drivetrain, I genuinely don’t get the love for it. Of course it’ll be fast and drive well, but no kid is going to put that on their bedroom wall. It’s just a terrible, terrible design. 

Cars can be very fast and look good too, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

I think that 500+ peeps will prove you wrong that it will be unloved:  :lol: ;)

I've seen some front angle pics and it looks ..ok. I'm not expecting beauty but some form of appeal.  Doesn't matter if your going on a track a large appeal of cars is usually...through your eyes! I think its more the sharp shapes, like its just odd panels added together, there's no 'flow' anywhere in-between.  The rear and the rear side profile has to be the worst. I like the see through door gimmick, but depends where your driving and if you bothered to get dressed that day :lol:

More importantly ....WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CENTRAL DRIVING SEAT THING?!!  McLaren even advertised a test car not long ago with Chris Goodwin in the middle.  I'm gonna guess (and hope) this is for another car due to come soon? 

screen-shot-2017-09-28-at-8-57-13-am-150

Edited by AMT