Cruise Control steering wheel control relocation

BlackBerkshireZ

hi guys, 

close to pulling the trigger on a quick release steering wheel. interested to hear about any positive/negative experiences from people who have already done this mod?

The main thing stopping me is i cannot think of a clever way to mount the steering wheel controls as i do not want to lose this functionality and also do not want to ruin the look of my interior by having switches hanging anywhere they shouldn't. 

any advice or insight would be very much appreciated :)

regards, 

BBZ 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the best one i saw was on the American forum, the guy had mounted the cruise control stuff next to were the TCS switch and Light wash switch are. That looked fairly tidy. 

I think its all in this thread

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/361581-diy-how-to-on-relocating-your-cruise-control-3.html#&gid=1&pid=1

another one I've seen is extending the wires and putting them in the ashtray in the centre console.

And then there is a lot of people the just mount them between the BOSS and the QR but i think that looks ugly and would be hard to get to.

I did however decide that the amount of work involved was just more than I was willing to put in so I ended up just not having the controls anymore. and to be honest i don't miss them at all never really used CC at all anyway and the stereo controls weren't great.

I've seen both of the installs that lurch mentions and IMO fiddling around with switches by your interior lights may make you feel like an airline pilot the ones mounted in the ashtray are by far the safest to use. Check them out, both of them are really neat installs.

Edited by samsniss350z

• 4 months later...