Clutch and flywheel shopping list

zelda

Hi,

I'm putting together a shopping list for a clutch and single mass flywheel change. I'm not having any problems with mine but I don't know when it was last changed so for peace of mind I'm thinking ahead.

Been looking at this, https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/clutch-and-drivetrain/exedy-tarmac-sportz-350z-03-06-de-replacement-clutch-plus-lightweight-performance-flywheel-kit.html

Other than fluid, I read recommendations to fit some braided hose and also a slave cylinder *i think*.

Firstly, any links to where i can order these, and is there anything else I might need, or useful to do at the same time?

Secondly, would my choice of clutch/flywheel be suitable when paired with a Quaife differential as I'm very tempted to get one and fit the lot together.

Thanks all!

• 2 years later...

I ended up with an RTS clutch kit, TarmacSportz lightweight SMF, pivot ball, HEL braided clutch line, new slave cylinder and Quaife differential.

The setup is good for spirited driving but if I was having to use the zed daily I'd opt for the stock Exedy kit with DMF.

Pulling away in traffic is hard work. Pulling away at pace is good fun. I was thinking one of the aftermarket clutch pedals might help with this though but just haven't looked further into it.

Edit: Forgot I had whiteline diff bushings installed too.

Edited by zelda
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

A couple months ago I installed an RJM clutch pedal which only slightly improved how the car feels when driving around town.

I've used lightened flywheels on other cars without trouble but my zed just didnt respond well to it for everyday driving.

So today I pulled out the single mass flywheel and RTS clutch and swapped with a new OEM kit. In a word, the drive is now perfect.

Whilst I was there, a new Miltek exhaust, MPS4 tyres and adjustable droplinks went on. All in all I've had a great day test driving today!

• Like 1