Ross' new 350z operation 1jz gte

Ross k

That's the eventual plan! Update I made up a longer rod for the slave cylinder and the clutch is back! I started the car and it moves the clutch seems very low on the pedal so I'm wondering if i need a slightly longer rod. got the car outside for the first time in ages and of it went to have the exhaust done which should be done Wednesday anyway heres a few pics I also brought some new wheels for it thanks Ross 

DSC_0832.JPG

DSC_0833.JPG

DSC_0834.JPG

• Like 1

Yeh I'm very pleased to have it rolling and relieved I don't have to pull the box of again to change the pivot ball. Im going to make up a badge that says 350jz one day when I get time but I do like the nissota lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Well update theive driven the car a fair bit had a few teething problems which I have ironed out but it seems OK so far she has passed her mot and made it all the way back to Buckingham I'm very pleased with how it drives here's a few pics after I gave her a clean up 

DSC_0875.JPG

IMG_20180903_224201_104.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well I've put around 600 miles on the car since I did the conversion. The reason for the rush to get the car done was to use for my wedding as I got married on the 8th by the canal with my other toy/previous home  a 1909 working narrowboat. The car performed well and I was pleased to meet my target to get it done for then I had the best day followed by two weeks in canada where I wished I had the zed. I was having some cooling problems but I'm hoping a new rad cap has sorted that. Besides that all seems well I have recently been able to give it the full beans and she goes very well the torque is noticeable and the difference in the top end is mad once the turbo comes in she the front end does feel fairly heavy so I think I may need a thicker anti roll bar any advice on this aspect would be great I also need to get a set of coilovers to set the car up better thanks for reading Ross

FB_IMG_1538083662344.jpg

Congratulations on sealing the deal Ross!

Glad all's going well with the conversion and it's pulling nicely. Regarding chassis set up I would see if you can get the car on a set of corner weights and find out where the car's at and how much weight has been gained over the front. With that info I'm sure a suspension manufacturer could sort out the correct spring rates to make it all work

Jerrick @MeisterR would be a good guy to speak with