Bluetooth Audio In Your Bose

cs2000

Got mine fitted today with help from the man himself! Thank you once again. This mod is a must have for some good sound quality and ease of connection. IF anyone is thinking about doing it go ahead and get one. So much better than the standard FM transmitter which I was using before. The installation guide is very well explained too.

Thanks

CS2000

• Like 2

Just a quick update/addition to the kit :)

With the help of edwmas, I have got hold of some cables to simplify the installation.

You will still need to do the soldering (or order the pre-modified tapedeck) however for an additional £15.00 I can supply you a cable which connects between your headunit and the cars wiring harness, this means no more Skotch Lock connectors and the associated "is it connected???" questions associated with it.

It also means that you can just remove the headunit as easy as you did previously and installation is literally as simple as it can be!

If you want one with this new cable, please mention it at the time or ordering. Cable is also available for sale additionally if any of the current owners of the mod want it. Il add photos once I sort them out :)

First post is now edited and also however the sale is now over, ive reduced the "standard" pricing slightly too.

Edited by cs2000

• 2 weeks later...

Got 5 of these still available guys.

As mentioned, if anyone wants to travel to me, I'm more than willing to fit or assist you to fit. Its nice meeting new Zedders :)

Postage and DIY fitting is of course still available, even have the new cables ready to do as mentioned in the previous post.

Contact me if you want any info. Also il mentiones its known working on an iPhone X which I believe has issues with some Bluetooth FM transmitters

Edited by cs2000

Hi guys,

Got 4 of these left now. After a non-forum member finally returned my drive which he had held since the middle of December.... I finally managed to get @PPod one fulfilled. He wasted no time in getting it fitted and sent me his drive back, so the drive swap option is available at this time.

Both PPod and Hayd350 have opted to go for the power cable add-on too so that's working great.

I understand the technicalities of this module scare some people away, so due to the cost involved in me holding stock, I'm likely not to make any more after these 4 go, so get on the bandwagon and get yours whilst you can. Ask any of the member's who've had issues, I'm always available for some technical support/installation help via WhatsApp or something too, :) plus as I say if you're willing to travel I'm willing to install for you.

As a side note/question, Is there any other techy/electronic related products you guys can dream up? Il see if I can make them come to life. Do people still want an LED swap service for example for dials and what not?

54 minutes ago, cs2000 said:

As a side note/question, Is there any other techy/electronic related products you guys can dream up?

Auto-tilting mirrors in reverse.

I have my mirrors setup to minimise blind spots, so they are pointed out and up, which is awful for parking and reversing as I can't see the lines, side of the car, or back wheels.

If the mirrors could automatically adjust when reverse is engaged, it'd be a great QoL improvement. Doesn't need to be especially complex, something as simple as moving X amount would do the job, which should be pretty easy to control by just sending a voltage for a short, set time to the down function when reverse is engaged and up when it's disengaged.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I have 3 or 4 of these left. The Mrs now wants all "car things" out of the study and ive got loads of kit up there to make these modules and program them, including the 3d printer so they need to go.

Anyone interested in these at the sale price of £30 for the full DIY kit and £40 for the Drive swap, hit me up, wanting to shift them. I have one connection cable left too which il sell with one of the kits for £10

On 31/12/2017 at 16:32, cs2000 said:

Hi Mate,

Yes it does, it used the same principles of that mod so no tape deck after, the question is, why would you want a tape deck?

Probably never, but I've always kept in mind I may want to return the car completely standard one day... Even down to a working tape deck lol. 

21 minutes ago, cs2000 said:

Ok guys, I have 3 or 4 of these left. The Mrs now wants all "car things" out of the study and ive got loads of kit up there to make these modules and program them, including the 3d printer so they need to go.

Anyone interested in these at the sale price of £30 for the full DIY kit and £40 for the Drive swap, hit me up, wanting to shift them. I have one connection cable left too which il sell with one of the kits for £10

I am tempted, I've been in two minds just to swap the unit out for something fancier though. I don't quite understand the extra wire? Perhaps help if you posted up the instructions? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Do You still have few of those left ?? Stock Bose sounds good enough I think (at lest to banging trance) This module should do the trick I think for now. When I decide to upgrade Could sell whole modyfied bose unit.

@Zeed83 yep I have some left, will PM you

@cob1980 the standard kit just comes with scotch lock connectors to get power and ground, but many people had issues identifying the correct wires to splice into to I built some harnesses that mean you can just click this harness into the car and you don’t have to worry about it.

Just done a count, got 3 of the Full DIY kits left and one Half DIY (Drive Swap) built.

Prices still set at £30 for the full DIY kit and £40 for the Drive swap (with the Deposit on-top). I have one power connection cable left too which il sell with one of the kits for £10

I can also bring these to Japfest and there's going to be a few members there that have the mod fitted if anyone wants to buy one from me there.

Edited by cs2000

• 2 weeks later...

Module sold to Lycan with the last remaining power connection cable.

Left in stock is the following:

2 Full DIY modules

1 Drive Swap modules

These will be taken to Japfest, so come find me there if you want to buy one on the spot, or can buy now and collect there :)

• 3 weeks later...

Right guys, all of the full DIY kits are now sold. I do still have the drive swap kit available and ready to go.

I'm happy to custom-make these on a request basis, but it doesn't make sense cashflow wise to buy in another batch as they're rather hard to sell, I think the level of DIY involved scares most people off sadly.

Contact me if you want one in the future and il build them up for each order.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2018 at 16:32, cs2000 said:

As a side note/question, Is there any other techy/electronic related products you guys can dream up? Il see if I can make them come to life. Do people still want an LED swap service for example for dials and what not?

I'd love automatic window closure when locking the car. It would save me having to be sandwiched between the car and window every time I lock the car up in the garage to get the ignition key out. I've read it's not possible... !

13 minutes ago, cob1980 said:

I'd love automatic window closure when locking the car. It would save me having to be sandwiched between the car and window every time I lock the car up in the garage to get the ignition key out. I've read it's not possible... !

Mate's Z does this. Windows go up when you close door if engine is off.

Just now, cob1980 said:

OoooOo! How?! 

Dunno, magic. 

Think it's when you close the door, but might be when you lock it, can't remember exactly.

It's Grundy's old car, so he might know if he's the one who had it installed.

• 2 weeks later...

@cob_1980 - I think it is possible. Ive spent the last 3 days trying to figure it out. Got some components on order so im working on it. It wont be a quick thing to sort out, but looking at getting some proper PCB's made and what not. In theory what I have designed in Eagle should work just fine.