Bluetooth Audio In Your Bose

cs2000

I have spent the last couple of months sourcing, developing and refining a Bluetooth audio module for the Standard BOSE stereo in our cars. I have now tested this in a members vehicle (Paul K’s) and working great, so its available for you lovely people :yahoo:

So, you want one right? Well, this is how you get on board! .

£35.00 Including Postage 

• Package Contents - Assembled & programmed module inside 3d printed case, Comprehensive printed full colour instructions, 4x Scotch Lock connectors (in case you break some!).
  • You will be required to disassemble your stereo following the instructions provided, solder on 3 wires and use the included Scotch Lock connector for 2 others. Total install time is somewhere around 60-90 mins from end to end.

If you read Husky’s guide on the Aux-In mod, this is as easy/hard as that, so make your own mind up if this way is suitable for you.

The unit has some pretty cool features such as;

• Compatible With OEM Bluetooth System - If you have the OEM Bluetooth module in your Z, this will still work as expected. Your phone calls will still be answerable on your steering wheel controls and work as normal, only music audio will still stream to this new module, you just pair your phone with the 2 things and all is good. Music audio (for clarity) is anything aside from phone calls, such as YouTube, Spotify, in-built MP3 player etc.

• Compatible With Aux-In Hack - If you already have done the Aux hack, this is compatible, both hacks work together. You should really only use 1 input at a time of course unless you enjoy hearing two audio streams at the same time, but it gives you flexibility to choose which one you want to use. If you don’t have a 3.5mm jack on your phone, great use the Bluetooth. If your friend wants to play music and they do, hand them the Aux lead!

• Quick Pairing - The module doesn’t have silly Bluetooth PIN or anything, these are always ridiculous like 1111 or 1234 anyway so what’s the point! When you first receive the module, it will be in pairing mode. You just find the device on your phone, tap on it and, you’re paired! If you want to let your friend stream to it or if you have another device, you just disconnect or turn off your Bluetooth on the first device and it will go back to pairing mode (mode changes are signified by beeps, so you know it’s worked). As a bonus, from ignition on in the car, if your phone is already paired to the module you will be connected and ready to stream in 4 seconds B) .

• Free Custom Display Name - When you search for a Bluetooth device, your phone will show the name of discovered devices. This module will be called “350z Bluetooth Audio” in the devices list. If you don’t tell me you want a custom name, this is what it will be called. However, I’m able to custom set a name for you, just make sure you mention this at the time of purchase, it’s not something that can be changed remotely at a later date but is a cool little personalisation you can make :) 

If you’re interested, either reply to the topic or send me a PM.

Please mention whether you want a custom name (if you don’t, it will show up as 350z Bluetooth Audio)

I now sell these directly through my website, link below!

https://www.cs2000-z-tech.co.uk/collections/350z-compatible-modules/products/350z-bose-bluetooth-upgrade-kit

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 3

So now ive got the wire I ordered weeks ago (weird delays) I can share some images.

Just like the AUX-In hack, the only soldering you need to do is onto these three pads. Of course, if you purchase a pre-modified tape deck from me, then this is already done. This photo is in fact of a pre-modified tape deck that for sale.

576352690_4-toWzKb.jpeg.7d1c16a2162f7f9c7e79f7b1e9b18936.jpeg

This is the naked module itself and the fly leads. If you purchase a full DIY kit from me, this is how the module will be wired up for you.

859570021_1-WWAMKm.jpeg.b08081e380c4ec2e79b749af0d32aefa.jpeg

Both kits come with a custom designed 3D printed enclosure, this is how the module sits in there. As you can see, its retained by a plastic pin. Its also supported underneath by standoff's

417777422_2-bx2thd.jpeg.2cd8c0a3c639e65892f3a79d5f674b55.jpeg

And finally, this is an example of a pre-modified tape deck, and also the recommended mount location if you are going the full DIY route.

673539320_3-dfNkOe.jpeg.b1372b2eb8883a7730e9653876429807.jpeg

Edited by cs2000
Images
  • Like 1

OK guys, 5 modules now in and ready to go/ready to be programmed with your custom names!

Now, its Christmas, to lets have a sale, how about £15.00 off of each option. That means £30 for the DIY and £50 for the Drive Swap method. Sale on to Jan (ish) so lets get these modules gone!

PM me or reply to this topic :)

Edited by cs2000

gents, i can definitely vouch for this mod...i have it running in my car now, sounds great...about a billionty times better than my FM modulator ever was...pair it up with a bluetooth media button for track advance and all is great!!

Thanks for the kind words Paul. I've sold a few via the clubs Facebook groups, so now there's only 2 modules left currently, more hopefully on the way :) The pre-modded tape deck has also been sold so that's unavailable for now, but if you want it please comment and il get another one done ASAP.

I know its Christmas and money is always tight, hence the little sale. If things pick up then maybe il keep this price, but currently this is a limited time thing.

It really does sound better, those FM transmitter thingies work, I have one in my X-type Jag (it used fibre optics so not compatible with this mod), but you lose so much audio quality, this literally is like having an Aux-in in terms of the quality of the audio, well worth it and a really simple mod in all honesty. I'm always here for help and support and if you're local or want to travel to me like @Paul K did, I don't even mind doing/helping with the install.

Merry Christmas Zedders :)

No more modules available at the current time, but I have 10 more ready very shortly, if you want one please let me know.

I know this mod may seem a little daunting, but trust me, it isn't! It took me and paul K longer to get the stereo from the car than it did to actually do the mod.

We now have 5 happy Zedders using the mod with 0 issues (aside from a few installation queries!) Before we know it, the nicer weather will arrive, and then it will be show season, the time when you want some decent tunes in your Z :)

• Like 1

I can definitely vouch for the simplicity of the install.....seriously,  removing the plug from the 3 dials was probably the hardest thing!! and that wasn't that hard!!

incidently still sounds great, pairs instantly every time, no buzzing or dropout (like i used to get with the old FM modulator).

quite simply a great addition to the ICE

• Like 1

Now updating the list in the first topic. @Hayd350 PM incoming as module stock has arrived, I'm sat here building now :)

Please note, the sale prices will last until Midnight on Jan 15th. Orders placed after this time will revert to standard pricing.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 2

Received mine today, thanks mate.

Also came with a comprehensive set of printed installation instructions which was a real bonus as I wasn't expecting that.  :thumbs:

Just need to find some time to get it fitted; won't be this weekend, hopefully the following one. Will report back.