Black 350z

KuroKiddo

Had the car since 2014 been meaning to do a build thread for a while, at the time when I was looking for a new car I was looking for something with a nice sounding engine, rear wheel drive and got to look good! And the 350z fit the bill perfectly, S2000 was another option but for some reason I never really got on with Vtec, guess I'm lazy and like torque too much! Anyway first thing I did as with most was to get a shorten Honda aerial, then I had the Rays painted Satin Black, not a choice of finish I would do as the paint would easily chip, powder coating was much better. 

IMG_9999.JPG

Edited by KuroKiddo

Took the car to Anglesey Circuit, car was completely stock bar the brakes pads was upgraded to DS2500 pads and Motul 660 brake fluids, the body roll and boring understeer was horrendous! Near the end of the day the OEM back box decided to give up, so started looking for a new cat back system, want somethig that sounds like stock, as the standard exhaust notes was so good, didn't want anything that make it sound like a 4 banger which I thought some did, so after a bit of research (YouTube) a Cobra resonated cat back was ordered, perfect sounded just like OEM but turn up a few notches without being obnoxiously loud.

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

Clutch was beginning to slip at 90k miles so a quick order from Clarke Motorsport got myself sorted out with a Xtreme Orgainc clutch and lighten flywheel, also been waiting for some new wheels and decided on some Rota MXR in 10x18 et7 and 11x18 et12, got lucky with them as I saw a pair of 10x18 2nd hand for sale quite locally and then a month later a pair of 11x18 pop up nearby! Result! Got them refurb and powdered coated in Satin Bronze which goes well with the black paintwork.

New wheels meant new tyres, I wanted a square set up, but at the same time I don't want to upset the VDC as I leave that on for cold rainy days on the motorway so I settle on 255/35/18 and 265/35/18s, this was going to be a gamble as I can't find anything concrete on whether that size runs well with the VDC, but happily it pays off as the car runs fine with those tyre size.

I wanted tyres that are more focus and didn't want soft sidewalls and don't turn to mush after a few laps, so that rule out the popular MPSS, originally wanted to get the Yokohama AD08R but looking further into it there's some rave reviews on Nangkang NS2R, the yokos cost nearly twice as much and I don't think I'm chasing every last second so I thought I'd try them out! Seems great to me at the price and wraps around the wheels perfectly, just a little bit of stretch but not too much and fill those arches well once lowered! But looked like a lifted zed with the OEM suspension.

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4807.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Edited by KuroKiddo

Suspension time! After having coilovers on previous cars which was far too hard for our roads here I gone for a set of BC BR Coilovers with 8/6kg spring rate rather than the usual 10/8kg, as last thing I want is bouncy ride which totally ruins the car, as I figure I want the car to ride well and if I were to control the roll I would just upgrade the anti roll bars anyway. So a trip to Area Motorsport to install the coilovers, driftworks camber arms, SPC toe bolts and SPL lockout kit together with setting the alignment and rolling the rear arches.

The car rides unbelievably well, just feels like a well set up car to live with compare to hard crashy rides associated with modded cars, would highly recommend 8/6kg spring rates for anyone looking to upgrade their suspensions!

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

Edited by KuroKiddo

Picked up another bargain, a set of Whiteline anti roll bars came up for sale near me for a bargain price of £150, the car rides well and handles well now, couldn't be more happier, there's a few more things I'd like to do down the line which includes a Kazz LSD and 3.9FD, but for now I think it's finished, bar the Nismo front splitter I have in the box still to be fitted, but I may sell it and get the mines lips instead, but for now it has got to more or less how I wanted it. 

EC70C4D8-E428-4A7B-84A8-B185144C0E8F.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, KuroKiddo said:

Don't care much for stonechips it's inevitable if you drive it, but trolley dents really does my head in as that is caused by other people lack of care :rant:

agreed, my doors were perfect, now asda has a lot to answer for!

• 1 year later...

Been stuck at home for a few days now with this chest infection, bored out of my mind so thought I will give this a little update, car run good as ever and been away to get the rust on the rear arch cut out and new metal welded in, previously had a filler job but its pointless as the rust comes back eventually. Oh and having some Buddyclub seats installed too on Bride rails #jdm :thumbs: Can't wait to pick the car back up! IMG_20191207_183404_158.jpg.7a5ff848d4f5f9f466440e9fd698c1db.jpg

received_2518302075049776.jpeg

received_455419261838102.jpeg

IMG_20191207_183404_155.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KuroKiddo said:

Been stuck at home for a few days now with this chest infection, bored out of my mind so thought I will give this a little update, car run good as ever and been away to get the rust on the rear arch cut out and new metal welded in, previously had a filler job but its pointless as the rust comes back eventually. Oh and having some Buddyclub seats installed too on Bride rails #jdm :thumbs: Can't wait to pick the car back up! IMG_20191207_183404_158.jpg.7a5ff848d4f5f9f466440e9fd698c1db.jpg

received_2518302075049776.jpeg

received_455419261838102.jpeg

IMG_20191207_183404_155.jpg

like the chairs B)

• Like 1