Rough cold start

Sorry to jump on thread but could be similar issues possibly... when it's cold and frosty in the morning and I start the beast up it really struggles to stay alive for seconds then everything is OK. Iv got a video here....thing is it never did it last year in the winter

Any thoughts i would be greatfull, hopefully could help us both out.

20171129_075015.mp4

8 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Sorry to jump on thread but could be similar issues possibly... when it's cold and frosty in the morning and I start the beast up it really struggles to stay alive for seconds then everything is OK. Iv got a video here....thing is it never did it last year in the winter

Any thoughts i would be greatfull, hopefully could help us both out.

20171129_075015.mp4

Just been trying to research a fix - could try injector cleaners and see if this works if it's to do with fuel. Try it and see how I get on and let you know. 

On 29/11/2017 at 22:19, 350zSouth West said:

Just been trying to research a fix - could try injector cleaners and see if this works if it's to do with fuel. Try it and see how I get on and let you know. 

I filled up with some redex and has made a bit of difference. Seems to be running better

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Might give this a go then and see what happens, mines literally only on cold start though.. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Might give this a go then and see what happens, mines literally only on cold start though.. :wacko:

Mine was really throaty before when it was left up. Fingers crossed it helps you. The other things I found was spark plugs and throttle casing needing cleaning. Let me know how you get on.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have had similar. Especially after heavy rain. Like it needs a little throttle to turn over. Also I get quite a loud ticking sound which might be oil lifters. has the Z got these? what are they and should i be hearing that? it goes away after about 10 seconds and only there on realy cold starts.