350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

Extreme do a twin plate specifically for the DE 350 which includes the flywheel.

I have used my car for road,track,competition and after trying two other clutches which slipped or overheated on launching It does the job to hang on to over 460 whp

• Thanks 1

I was thinking about the 230mm twin ceramic rigid clutch. I Saw a ls twin turbo 350z running it at over 750bhp without any issues.

but i'm looking at others, as a twin ceramic ridgid type isn't the most dayli driver street type IMO.

i always wanted to do the nismo super copper mix twin clutch, but that's going to be on the limit at +600 bhp.

I ran a os giken tripple plate in my old vortex sc 350z. And that was the most awesome clutch I have ever had... but at around 3k thats more than I want to spend again.

Edited by Ortega_9

Car is on the Ground....

Roughly alligned, no exhaust issues, and with a working a/c.

All the small annoying things have been dealt with over the course of the winter.

I do belive it's ready to get back on the road.

I'll give it a wash later today and take a few photos

Dame that felt good!:cloud9:

just took it around the block and my two Vibrant resonators are doing their job pretty Well i might say!

and a good wash and clean later, i now have this beast sitting in the garage, waiting to get new plates on tuesday.

IMG_8094.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Looks awesome

How have the vibrant resonators helped I need somthing for mine soon

Thanks.

they have taken the top of the noise level.... i Can hear my fuelpump and transmission now. Never could before.

And the drone... most importantly, it has almost done away with it completely....

There is still a faint drone, but only slight, and only in the rev range where it was at it's worst before. 

54 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

Thanks.

they have taken the top of the noise level.... i Can hear my fuelpump and transmission now. Never could before.

And the drone... most importantly, it has almost done away with it completely....

There is still a faint drone, but only slight, and only in the rev range where it was at it's worst before. 

That's sounds just like what I'm after I'll get some orderd up 

Edited by nissanman312

2 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

That's sounds just like what I'm after I'll get some orderd up 

What ones did you use? 

They did it for me.

The Vibrant ultra quiet resonator 3" in/out.

I Got them here at the Best price I could find.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibrant-STAINLESS-STEEL-ULTRA-QUIET-3-0-INLET-OUTLET-RESONATOR-1142/311940819267?epid=1774498629&hash=item48a11f2943:g:uhgAAOSwpINZZN~W

Car is registered and did my first drive around town just now....

aaaaaaaaaaand it's going back on jackstands... :bangin:

Took my Sweet time to get everything up to temp.... it's a whole new World of noises to get use too also with the new quieter exhaust, so lots og things to keep an eye, and Ear, out for.

everything was getting hot enough to get into boost, exept water temp.... Which was getting into the 120 degree c.

Long story short.

The car was overheating after only 5km...

stopped and checked the lower coolant hose from the radiator, and it was cold.

So new oem thermostat ordered.... 

Luckily it's an easy fix. But there is a couple of days delivery from Nissan.

At least I now have the time to do some descent brackets for the new plates to go on the new v3 front bumper...:surrender:

On 21/04/2019 at 22:18, Ortega_9 said:

They did it for me.

The Vibrant ultra quiet resonator 3" in/out.

I Got them here at the Best price I could find.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibrant-STAINLESS-STEEL-ULTRA-QUIET-3-0-INLET-OUTLET-RESONATOR-1142/311940819267?epid=1774498629&hash=item48a11f2943:g:uhgAAOSwpINZZN~W

When you say they took the top off the noise do you still get all the "detail" I have berk hfcs and invidia gemini exhaust and I love all the little (natural) crackle and pops it generates but I dislike the drone when driving which often hides them at higher speeds inside the car.

1 hour ago, MDMetal said:

When you say they took the top off the noise do you still get all the "detail" I have berk hfcs and invidia gemini exhaust and I love all the little (natural) crackle and pops it generates but I dislike the drone when driving which often hides them at higher speeds inside the car.

I actually haven't Got so much of the cracks and pops even before the resonators. I think it's down to having a bigger bore exhaust and the turbos. Also having the aem ecu and not Stock.

when i was N/A and Stock ecu with my Invidia gemini exhaust on the car, it did have alot of the pops and crackle, so I think it's hard to compare the two setups.

Edited by Ortega_9

Going crawling under mine with a tape measure shortly to see if I can get some of these in place of the invidia silencers just after the de cats.

I had a chap look at mine and he thinks those are shot after 30k miles supercharged so hoping I can get a couple of these either in place of those or up by the diff like you have 

One think I'm confused by is how big they look on your pictures but the measurements on vibrant website suggests they are quite small? At 6.5 inches across the body and 4.75 inch depth by 13 inch long 

Hopefully I can tuck them out of the way 

14 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Going crawling under mine with a tape measure shortly to see if I can get some of these in place of the invidia silencers just after the de cats.

I had a chap look at mine and he thinks those are shot after 30k miles supercharged so hoping I can get a couple of these either in place of those or up by the diff like you have 

One think I'm confused by is how big they look on your pictures but the measurements on vibrant website suggests they are quite small? At 6.5 inches across the body and 4.75 inch depth by 13 inch long 

Hopefully I can tuck them out of the way 

I dont Think they'll fit where the mufflers are on the Invidia.

the only place to fit two side by side is down by the diff where i fitted mine.

but if you cut the pipes there anyway you have a chance to have a look inside and see the shape of the Stock silencers on the Invidia, if there gone/collapsed etc.

23 hours ago, Ortega_9 said:

I dont Think they'll fit where the mufflers are on the Invidia.

the only place to fit two side by side is down by the diff where i fitted mine.

but if you cut the pipes there anyway you have a chance to have a look inside and see the shape of the Stock silencers on the Invidia, if there gone/collapsed etc.

Yeah I think you are right they wont fit 

I've seen some guys put a box in the tunnel where the x pipe runs through 

The pipes at the back by the diff on the invidia run to close to the floor to put anything in there :thumbdown:

I might have to look into an exhaust change or a custom build 

I did like the Sound of the Invidia when i was N/A. Very Well tuned. But too loud with decats for my taste. 

You don't have to fit the resonators in Line with the exhaust layout, you Can alway cut away 10" or so and reroute the exhaust to the position of the resonators, and then back to the original path 10" back again.

thats also what I did. It's not the most pretty solution, but it's the only Way to fit the resonators with such limited space.

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

Just removed the old thermostat.

could drain the radiator without having to remove the under engine scroud, also removed the thermostat without anything Else having to be removed other than the AN10 Line to my catchtank. So that was great to try that for a change.

Not really much to see, apart from some wear on the pistonshaft.

seems a bit stuck.

anyways, will be replacing as soon as the new one get's here. 

IMG_8147.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

Just removed the old thermostat.

could drain the radiator without having to remove the under engine scroud, also removed the thermostat without anything Else having to be removed other than the AN10 Line to my catchtank. So that was great to try that for a change.

Not really much to see, apart from some wear on the pistonshaft.

seems a bit stuck.

anyways, will be replacing as soon as the new one get's here. 

IMG_8147.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

There really are some clever people on this forum, nice work buddy

• Thanks 1

FINALLY the dame thermostat showed up. 14 ****ing days Nissan!!!!

It's in the car and working fine.

I did have a slight raised temp, as I had alot of air in the system, and beeing really hard to bleed as the two bleed screws to and from the heater have been replaced with water to and from the turbos, so cut the hot side of the heater hose and fitted a new bleeder Screw.

now I Can bleed the system and already the temps are around the 92-93 degree where they need to be.

Also I noticed that after a few cold starts, the chain rattle have gone completely! So the new main tensioner was the trick! So thats awesome!!!!

now I'm gonna take it for a spin and see If I Can finally go into boost!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

FINALLY the dame thermostat showed up. 14 ****ing days Nissan!!!!

It's in the car and working fine.

I did have a slight raised temp, as I had alot of air in the system, and beeing really hard to bleed as the two bleed screws to and from the heater have been replaced with water to and from the turbos, so cut the hot side of the heater hose and fitted a new bleeder Screw.

now I Can bleed the system and already the temps are around the 92-93 degree where they need to be.

Also I noticed that after a few cold starts, the chain rattle have gone completely! So the new main tensioner was the trick! So thats awesome!!!!

now I'm gonna take it for a spin and see If I Can finally go into boost!!!!!!

We need some video of this beast 

Well... I have some youface stuff from last year...

racetrip with the Boys to hotwheelz in Germany.

That, and the few ones in this thread, is the only one I have.

I'll be dooing some stuff this year...

New "axel breakers" fitted and camber set at 0.... looks really badass.... but it runs with 2 degree of toe in due to camber and tracktion rod setting. So I'll have to see what that translates into.

Then tomorrow Night it's the first race of the Danish street race series... wish me luck.!:drive1

IMG_8184.JPG

IMG_8185.JPG

• Like 1