350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

Just finished the exhaust with the two Vibrant resonators...

first impressions are that there is no noticeable difference when idleing.

It's not suppose to supress Sound level, but i guess I was expecting some change in exhaust note.

I still need to fit some pipework to the intake before I Can drive it, and see if it has done away with the droneing.

now I need to get all the parts back from paint, and put it all together, then I'm about done and ready to get it back on the Road.

31 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

These are soooo much nicer than the 350 OEM ones

It's a totally diffrent wing to look at....

the car was designes like this in the first place... The Jdm cars (and the US) don't have any turn signals on the side. So I guess Nissan just slapped the micra/almera/etc blinkers on for the euro models....

This just does it SO much justice...

Prepping the nismo v3 front bumper, putting some JDM Nissan clear reflectors in instead of the old amber non-facelift.

VERY fast delevery, even here in mainland EU, from Torqen, and with stickers and chokolade even with such a "trivial" thing...

great service:thumbs:

IMG_8007.JPG

IMG_8008.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

On 08/04/2019 at 12:27, Ortega_9 said:

Just started to put it back together.

put in the Z badge/blinker and fitted the front wing.... pretty dame cool if I have to say so my self B)

IMG_8002.JPG

IMG_8003.JPG

They are very nice.  where did you get them from?

All put together and on the Ground.....

:surrender:

Drove it 3 meters out and back in the garage, and noticed the exhaust rubbing really bad!

Aaaaaaaand me being a dick, I forgot that the rear anti sway bar not only moves up and down, but pivots a bit so that it also moves back..... that removes the Nice half inch gap I made around it for the exhaust, and I'll have to get it back on jackstands and torn apart and redone.... again.... 

also I have some gobelins in the blinker system, as my turn signals only blinks once, then dosen't come on any more.... but the ones in the headlights are on ever so slightly, but not blinking... same with the hazzards. But only when there's ignition on....

I Think I might need to messure for the 5v DRL option and see if that messes the LED bulbes in the headlights. And that means that the whole front will have to come of again.... kinda hate my car right now.:bang:

But there's nothing to do about it other than Getting it done, and laughing at it afterwards...

IMG_8040.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

And Would you look at that....

my 350z on jackstands..... :doh:

the front lights was actually not so bad to get at. Took off the wheels and pulled the Splash guard to a side....

so thats awesome.

now i need to work out whats on with the lights...

IMG_8043.JPG

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8047.JPG

And it was the daytime running light with it's 6v suply that was messing up my blinkers.

i cut the 6v suply and isolated the wire.

now it's only negative and the 12v blinker lead that goes to the turn signal.

So now that's done. I need to redo the exhaust, fiddle with the height, get it alligned, and trim down the tailgate brackets thats hitting the back side of the closed trunk... 

and THEN it should be ready for the Road.... again....

Well **** me sailerboy....!!:scare:

just noticed that I now have I slight Oil drip from my bellhousing.... so I suspect the rear main seal to have gone....

so what to do... 

do I take the chance and look away and drive it for another season knowing that it could faul the clutch at any point if it gets worse, and end the season early...

or do I remove half the turbokit to get the transmission off and fix it now, well knowing that i need to remove it all again next winter to fit the clutch that i'm planning on running....

or do i order my new clutch, wait for it, do it all at once, and wait a month, maybe two to get it back on the Road....

:shrug:

Ohh the joys of an old datsun...

Edited by Ortega_9

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Judging by the work you’ve done, I don’t think a half arsed solution is your style. I bet you’ve ordered the clutch already!

Tell me about it...

:teeth:

I actually haven't yet.

I might have a look, but right now I Think I just need it to be back on the road, even if I know that it will bug the hell out of me until I get it done....

its just SUCH a horrible job....:thumbdown:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ortega_9 said:

Looking at some clutches:teeth:

Any one with experience on the xtreme twin disc ceramic types?

They Seem very Well priced compared to the os gikken, nismo, spec etc.

I'm running a twin plate organic Extreme and have been very pleased with it.

The Hr one comes with a very much improved slave cylinder and braided line.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andy james said:

I'm running a twin plate organic Extreme and have been very pleased with it.

The Hr one comes with a very much improved slave cylinder and braided line.

Cool.

What powerlevel are you running.?

And I have the DE, I guess I can't use the HR clutch.