350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

4 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-z33-nismo-v3-front-bumper-oem-nissan.html

Pricey, but I guess if you're after genuine/oem you kinda have to expect that :lol:

Thanks.

i allready wrote them for a lead time and shipping price, but no reply.

they are kinda hard to come by. But i like the look of it and the fitment of an oem part. Especially when bolting up to a car that sees some pretty high top speed...

The main timing chain tensioner just Got here.

I turned the krank to TDC, to make sure the cams won't snap, and opened the service hole in the front cover over the tensioner. 

everything looks fine, the guide looks fine and there is some tension on the tensioner, witch is no where near fully extended.

i went ahead and removed the old one, swapped in the new and pulled the pin, it tightent right back up. Then i spun the krank a few times by hand, and everything is fine.

If anything, I Would say that the new tensioner is a little bit more extended and puts a little more tension on the guide. I have no idea if that tranlates to a rattle free start.

Now i just need to clean and reaply the silicone gasket and then I'll fire it and see if it made a difference to the start rattle.

In all, about 30-45 min. From start to finish.

i'll have to get back with the result, as i have so much gooing on right now.

IMG_7517.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_7520.JPG

IMG_7521.JPG

IMG_7525.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

• Like 1

And Got the intake taken apart and washed from all the Oil and build up @*!#.

I also deborred the inside of the bottom half as it was really bad finished.

And a Quick acid wash and it's like new.

i had it apart and cleaned before fitting the turbokit, and allready there is alot of Oil and Black crap inside.

so I'll take it apart again later to see if the new catch tank system does a difference.

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

• Like 1

And with the front engine cover not going back with the catch tank setup, i kinda needed to tuck the wireing loom, as I Think it looks out of place with the wire loom "hider" and also with just leaving the loom visable.

so took the loom cover of, covered it with 3 layers of electrical tape, making sure to arrange the leads in the loom so that they Would fit where I Would run it.

actually really clean look when done.

also fitted a hose/An10 fitting to the rear engine breather hose. To fit the new breather setup.

I choose not to fit the stainless reinforced An10 hose directly to the cam cover Because of the bends on the piece of breather hose that places the an fitting where it's accecable, and if i do a kit for sale, it needs to be fitted without having the entire engine apart. I Think...  

IMG_7536.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

• Like 1

And Got the intake back on.

I wanted to paint the intake top Black or red, as it was so ugly and dirty, but after having the whole lot cleaned and washed with acid it absolutely looks good again! 

Also just had it fired ud. Still a slight rattle when starting up after sitting 24hr.

so i gues the next thing is either the vvt sprockets or simply a new chain that might shorten it up abit and not hit the sides when starting.

IMG_7544.JPG

IMG_7547.JPG

IMG_7548.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 2

And the catch tank setup ended up beeing like this.

just a touch off-center to make room for the cirkulation water hose, and for not having to cut anything on the fan scrouds and so on. A true bolt on kit . With all AN fittings, pcv-delete fitting, baffled catchcan, brackets etc.

I'll do another bracket for it to make it sit in this place, and look good.

right now it's just spaced ud with bolts to hold it in place.

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7603.JPG

IMG_7604.JPG

IMG_7605.JPG

• Like 1

Also theese just Got here.

I'll have to see how to fit them as the Stock brackets calls for at flat lip and not like the "hole" that holds the z emblem in the 350z front wing.

IMG_7607.JPG

IMG_7609.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

Cut a hole with a 54mm hole Saw.

to fit tight it needs to be ~55 ish. So trimning around the edges and making the  small cuts to position the light correctly.

and it fits perfekt.

I decided to make a bracket to fit the light to the back of the wing instead of gluing as many other have done.

also doing automotive connectors for easy removel and watertight connections.

IMG_7611.JPG

IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7615.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

• Like 1

I'we always had a cracked A-pillar, so when having so much going to paint i thought that i Would try to mend it and get it painted too.

It turned out that te whole rubber seal has been pulled of when changing the windscrean, and the entire lenght of plastic had been cracked all along the piece on the inside. Aswell as the damage to the bottom of the pillar.

so i cleaned it up as much as possible, and glued it back together with a 2 component epoxy. Also did a layer on each side when the first one had cured.

Now I'm trying to get the right angle on the bottom corner as the pieces didn't go together as before it cracked.

what a job.:bang:

so far it's going ok, but there is a long Way home if this is going to work..

IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG

IMG_7654.JPG

28 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

:scare: That's not so good!

Spot on...

That Would be "walk away" rust in my book, if I was to buy the car....

And that's proberly why they did such a great job in covering it up with silicone gasket and bondo...

:thumbs:

And to rub it in, it's the same side that had the rustet arch that I did and painted... 

i guess the rust and water drained down and sat here and had a party...

• Sad 1

And after a good cleanup it looks alot better.

the coroded part is actually just a small piece, but the rest is pretty solid.

Now I need to make some templates for the new pieces, and prepare with some rust converter and weld thru primer on the inside.

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7693.JPG

• Like 1