350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

Yeh, they are some Big beasts...

i Would love to have one, i love the mechanical aspect of the GTR, i see it as a great Challenge to wrench on, and also do some Racing.

But i also remember getting a r32 GTR some years back, after having had a s13 for about a year. The GTR was fast of the Line, and stable at speed, but the thrill was somwhat diffrent from a rwd turbo car....

So i see no other out than writing Santa and asking him to take the missus back and bring me a GTR instead.

i'we had a good look at the finance, and having a GTR i Denmark starts with buying a GTR (funny how that works) and then paying a 50000£ Car tax just to drive it....

I @*!# you not... 50k... and that's just to tax it. 

The only other Way is to lease the car... but that Would not really make it my car.

I might just after all keep the good old z and get that engine build and turn the boost up to 11....

sooooo, enginebuild comming up next

:drive1

4 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

i Would love to have one, i love the mechanical aspect of the GTR, i see it as a great Challenge to wrench on, and also do some Racing.

But i also remember getting a r32 GTR some years back, after having had a s13 for about a year. The GTR was fast of the Line, and stable at speed, but the thrill was somwhat diffrent from a rwd turbo car....

So i see no other out than writing Santa and asking him to take the missus back and bring me a GTR instead.

i'we had a good look at the finance, and having a GTR i Denmark starts with buying a GTR (funny how that works) and then paying a 50000£ Car tax just to drive it....

The only other Way is to lease the car... but that Would not really make it my car.

I might just after all keep the good old z and get that engine build and turn the boost up to 11....

How much tax:wacko:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

Thats just mental expecting people to pay that much to tax a car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ortega_9 said:

As i said, it's crazy.

Dropped around 11k just to tax the z... 

It sucks so hard!

How do they justify that ? 

Edit just did a Google 

The current system means that for a car costing up to 106,600 kroner, the tax that is at present set at 105 percent of the car's value will be reduced to 85 percent.22 Sep 2017

Edited by nissanman312

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

How do they justify that ? 

Edit just did a Google 

The current system means that for a car costing up to 106,600 kroner, the tax that is at present set at 105 percent of the car's value will be reduced to 85 percent.22 Sep 2017

And it until a few years ago it was 180%

so buy a GTR... and pay an additionel 180%  of the price of the car, just to get to drive it.....

Then you pay roadtax untop of that....

to give you an idea of how horrible it is,

the cheapest s13 for sale in Denmark right now is about 8000£

the cheapest 350z is about 20000£, a GTR is around 100000£:scare: and so on.....

So so far I'm keeping the z....

Edited by Ortega_9
Horrible at spelling

13 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

And it until a few years ago it was 180%

so buy a GTR... and pay an additionel 180%  of the price of the car, just to get to drive it.....

Then you pay roadtax untop of that....

to give you an idea of how horrible it is,

the cheapest s13 for sale in Denmark right now is about 8000£

the cheapest 350z is about 20000£, a GTR is around 100000£:scare: and so on.....

So so far I'm keeping the z....

Wow that's bad 

Back on track.

getting some more small but time consuming things crossed from the list.

been fed up with my old non satnav, no Bluetooth etc. Pioneer HU, i just Got a top of the Line clarion unit to go in instead.

Also put the BTI gauge touch screen in the center console hole, so that the lid Can be shut, and be out of sight until needed. 

IMG_7214.JPG

• Like 1

And to convince myself to keep pushing, I'm putting together a build list of parts needed for my new engine build.

My tt kit did 650whp on another build, Vinny ten Racing engine with uprev. Witch i Think is pretty low, considering the turbo's

I Would love to beat that, but it's gonna cost me a pretty penny.....

I'll post the list to get some advice and feedback.

Wishlist Sofar.

mahle 8,6:1 pistons

eagle H rods

l19 headstuds

cosworth hr headgaskets

Jwt C2 cams or maybe a bigger cam

jwt spring and retainers

Acl bearings mains, thrust and conrod.

revup Oil pump

hr cooling mod to block.

Redecked heads

honed Stock bore block

complete Rotating assembly balancing

I'we put a few engines together before so this is my take on what is needed.

i'we done some research on the vq and what works.

But any advice to spec and so on is more than welcome

• 4 weeks later...

And finally Got my Oil filters and Got the engine fired up again.

To get to the bottom of the AC problem, i created a variable table with the analog pressure readings and in/outputs i needed in the infinity tuner software.

and right away i could see that my pressure in the AC was a little low, but still it all worked. Just not blowing cold air.

when i turn the AC on, the low speed fan starts. So all good there.

i regassed my system, and now it's blowing freezing cold air again.

and with the small amount of refrigiant i had to recharge with, i Would say that the HUGE amount of gas that came out that morning was down to the system had been heavily overcharged at some point, and then it hit max pressure of 2800kpa and wented to atmosphere from the pump overpressure valve.

so thats freaking awesome that it wasn't a leek or something wrong with my ecu setup.

also Got my new 17x10 drag wheels for my M/T Slicks. Tyres will show up in about a month time i hope.

they only just clear the rear calipers, so thats great. 

Ings Spoiler and front wing has gone to paint, and I'm beginning to put it all back together for the final few things on the to do list..... getting there:clap:

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

• Like 2

And Interior done.

Ended up putting the BTI Can gauge/screen in the cubby hole at en slight angle.

that makes the screen visible, and easy to hide. Also finished the install of the new HU. 

I Think I'll start looking at my new catch tank setup.

Does anyone know where i Can get a PCV valve hole an fitting. I've seen them on a few US sites, but maybe from the uk?

I Seem to remember it's a m16x1.0 thread (to AN10)

IMG_7408.JPG

i have had a slight chain rattle on cold start ever since i Got the car. I replaced the two top chain tensioners when i did my worn cam follower. So i know there good.

i never replaced the main tensioner, and even thoug it didn't Seem to have slag, i'we been Reading about the problem, and many have had a "good" main tensioner replaced, and the problem was solved. So went ahead and ordered a new one. 41£ from Nissan, and I'll go ahead and change it and see if it cures my start up rattle.

2 hours ago, tony420z said:

That's one job i hate doing getting the front cover off so many bits in the way.

Hope you get it fixed easily.:wacko:

Me 2.

And especially after just having put it all back together:bang:

i'm gonna have to see how much that needs to come off when i get the new tensioner. I had decided on not wanting to spend more time on it, but that rattle drives me crazy when everything else is beginning to be so good.

Then besides putting the painted parts back together, i Think the only thing left on the list is catch tank setup, rear diff brace, alignment, chain tensioner, M/T tyres and getting my worn leather seats refreshed.... and maybe... just maybe, cutting my exhaust for the fourth time to quiet it more down :doh:

and knowing myself, I'll probally throw a few more things in the mix before it's spring.

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

And getting started with the breather system.

loosing the Stock vacum evac system i need to do away with the vacum port in the lower intake manifold, and decided to just thread it and put a plug in it.

That will also do away with the sludge/Oil fumes and other gunk going back into the engine, and beeing FI the blow by will evac the sump. I'm gonna have to see how, if any, it will smell.

Also, the pcv delte AN fitting, catch tank and Lines is on there way from the States.

IMG_7450.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

And with everything Else going on, this showed up.

I'm not sure about the hood clearence, but the plan is to fit it there.

i'm thinking about putting a whole kit together when done with the breather setup and putting it up for sale.

also started on the diff brace.

i'm also doing something a little diffrent here, and when done, i'm gonna do some R&D with it and maybe also make a complete kit here aswell.

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

• Like 2

And the ings spoiler is on, and fits like a charm.

but the front wing was painted with another piece, and is now metallic :scare:

So that needs redoing....

Aaaaaand me being me, i'we decided to install 370z indicators in the wings. So I'll redo both front wings, cover up the Stock indicator holes and make holes that will fit the 370z indicators. And add alot more parts to paint, sideskirts, a piller trim etc....:clap:

is there anybody that has any leads on a pair of 350z facelift led rear lights.?

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG

19 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

@ZMANALEX should have some used led rear lights. 

I got my new replacement from clark motorsport. 

You will have to check if they can post to you  

New genuine Nissan and preowned are in stock and good to go same/next day. :thumbs:

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

@ZMANALEX should have some used led rear lights. 

I got my new replacement from clark motorsport. 

You will have to check if they can post to you  

Thank you. Great with a little help.

Also looking for a genuine nismo v3 front bumper... anyone Got a lead on one of those?