350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

And just cut some stainless 8mm flanges for the wastegate to exhaust pipeing so i Can get on with those. Also just removed the balance weight from the transmission, welded a normal nut in the transmission crossmember to fit a normal bolt instead of the weightet Stock one. And fittet the poly trans mount.

With all the weight i added to the car i Think the balancing weights have no effekt any more. 

IMG_6910.JPG

IMG_6913.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

And with all the others things going on, the new spoiler showed up.

so started taking the boot apart. I'm pretty much lost in all the things going on right now.

Will be removing the rear wiper and washer nozzle also, and welding the wiper hole shut before paint.

IMG_6924.JPG

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

And Stock boot spoiler removed....

preetttyyyy not cool taking a box cutter to the car to cut the 3m tape to remove the spoiler, but really easy! Took about 5min

I Can see that the boot have been painted with the spoiler on at one point, but will be painted anyway, now for the emblems. They have been removed before and the super glued back on I Can see.... :thumbdown:

IMG_6927.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

And maybe change of plans....

I Think I'm hooket on a GTR so might be parting out the car as i don't think i can sell the car like this in Denmark... it will be Well over 35000£ as it sits, so might consider Selling turbo kit, aem ecu and so on. 

I'm gonna do the car up with all the mods I'm currently working on, and then i might have a go at it like it is... Dunno... thoughts?

54 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

And maybe change of plans....

I Think I'm hooket on a GTR so might be parting out the car as i don't think i can sell the car like this in Denmark... it will be Well over 35000£ as it sits, so might consider Selling turbo kit, aem ecu and so on. 

I'm gonna do the car up with all the mods I'm currently working on, and then i might have a go at it like it is... Dunno... thoughts?

I really want to own a gtr one day.

I have friends that say  they are to big and heavy and wouldn't be exciting enough...and you do see a lot of people sell up soon after buying them

All that said I still would love one.

Even tho you can boost a z to the same power I think the way the gtr puts its power down would put the z to shame 90% of the time I'm most weather conditions. 

So if you have the cash I'd say go for it :yahoo:

16 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I have friends that say  they are to big and heavy and wouldn't be exciting enough...and you do see a lot of people sell up soon after buying them

Even tho you can boost a z to the same power I think the way the gtr puts its power down would put the z to shame 90% of the time I'm most weather conditions. 

I'we had a r32 GT-r back in the days. And they are a completely diffrent animal.

i still love my 350!

and if i could keep it i Would, but due to the unique Way the economy works, it seems i can't have both :bangin:.

And plowing onwards.

just polished the exhausts and put in poly bushes in the anti rollbar mounts.

also trying to get my led turn signal to NOT blink so fast.

tryed a 25watt resistor, but no result. Then a 50watt, and still nothing.

anyone who has any insight on this.?

[edit]

think i solved the turn signal resistor problem. I have 3 wires to my blinker bulb. Always thought one was Ground and the other two was hazzard and turn signal.

but seems that both turn and hazzard is on the same wire, and the other one i dimmed light in the turnsignal for US cars... (i have bixenon upgrade depo lights)

I'll try redoing it tomorrow.

IMG_7152.JPG

IMG_7154.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
Not beeing very bright
  • Like 2

And it was the wrong wire i had put the resistor on... now it's sorted, aswell as height adjusted on the low beam.

so next item on the list is finding out why the aircon @*!# itself last summer.

And then I'll be ordering all fluids and filters for a complete change Oil, water, transmission etc. 

24 minutes ago, kostask said:

Nice build! What’s wrong with your air cone ? Did it stop working after the stand alone ecu install?

Thx.

it went poofff one morning for no aparrent reason.

i'm guessing it's a busted pipe due to bending them around to make room for the boost pipeing.

Started pulling all the boost pipeing of on the side where the AC Lines run so i Can find the leak.

so far nothing.

but i Got to take a look at one of theese beasts again...:cloud9:

when used to Big top mounts, you kinda miss having them on display....

IMG_7166.JPG

And this is why i like dooing all Oil/water etc. Lines with AN fittings.

just unscrew and drain all coolers, Lines and so on.

Also all new fluids ordered. I have just a little dash of "gold" in the engine Oil, so I'll be adding a zinc/sulfor adjetive to the Oil, and not running cats allows me to go crazy with the zinc. That should see to it that i get some added protection to this engine while i'm building the new one.

IMG_7168.JPG

• Like 1

And can't Seem to find any leaks in the AC system.

tested for pressure on both Lines, and there is some, but not that much. But enough that if there was a leak, it Would...

but I did find that the connector for the pressure sensor of the tank on the condensor had been rubbing against the metal under the load of the new bigger water cooler pressing up against it. And all three wires were exposed

That could be a possibility. If the sensor shorted or/and reported to High pressure in the system, the AC pump "pressure  release port" opens and vent's into the air out in the left wheelarch, from where i Saw the HUGE puff of gas one morning just rewersing out the garage...

I'll have to put it all back together, change the connector amd wires, make room so that they wont rub again, and recharge the system and do a diagnose run to see if thats the case...

otherwise if it's just a leak and i missed it, i'm sure it will do the show over again, and i can see it! But it was so sudden, and so much, so it does make sense if the pump just wented the entire system out.

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kostask said:

On my zed I had problems with the ac after the link g4+ installation. But it was an easy fix I had to configured the second fan to turn on with the ac. Maybe worth a shot. 

Thanks!

That's also great input.

I never did check that the fans turned on with the AC. 

• Like 1

Just pulled the plugs, only done 4k km. But wanted to have a look at them.

Actually not bad at all. So replaced and all the Oil and water lines back on also. 

Just need my Oil filter then I'll start Filling in fluids and get it started back up.

IMG_7196.JPG

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 22:00, nissanman312 said:

They are big and heavy and you don't get the same buzz because they do so much of the driving for you, plus you end up going faster to get a similar thrill.

The big negative for me is they aren't a pretty as the Z.

That said, they are still great cars.

2 hours ago, Sim said:

They are big and heavy and you don't get the same buzz because they do so much of the driving for you, plus you end up going faster to get a similar thrill.

The big negative for me is they aren't a pretty as the Z.

That said, they are still great cars.

I've just been to autosport looking at the litchfeild track pack one and yeah which ever way you cut it they are massive 

I'm wavering more to small and light these days I think cayman s offers the best lightweight/comfort balance i love the lotus exige etc but i don't fit ;)

• Like 1