350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

13 hours ago, Ortega_9 said:

Thanks.

And this has been a study in unessecery and difficult solutions, so your looking at something around the 10k mark... just for parts in total...

I have the 2008 hr motor and I know its really expensive for the hr doesn't seem to be as much aftermarket stuff there is still alot but far more for the DE motor. Not quite sure why 

10 hours ago, nissanman312 said:
On 23/07/2018 at 12:05, Ortega_9 said:

And then a pair of 200 cell stainless magnaflow race cats landed... theese are rated for 475ish bhp pr unit. I Would normally have chosen a bigger dimension, but having one pr. Bank on a V6 this will be enough for everything i will ever ask of.

i'm kinda feed up redooing the exhaust for the 3. Time. But hopefully i'm gonna learn something and not make the same mistakes again.

I Think i'm a bit bias by building track cars and never having build a full street exhaust from schratch.... as much as i love the Sound and noise on track, i hate it on a dayli.... Anyways, I hope this will solve the noise issue.

IMG_5777.JPG

Where would I find somthing like this is likme to do similar on mine 

I actually found them on ebay.

• 1 month later...

And just a small Update.

Everything running very Well! Now almost 3000km on the build. And 2 streetrace events where nothing have been held back....

Having some serious Grip issues but still running 12's om the 1/4 mile and low 8's on the 1/8mile.

I hope i Can cut into the 7's with some less rear camber and some Sticky tyres

Car is amazing and drives awesome.

not really that laggy, even with the Big 3076's on there. And when the build engine goes in, and boost goes up, I'll see if it works with the final setup or i need to downsize abit with the turbos.

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6119.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

IMG_6121.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

And the car is back in the garage up on jackstands and done for this season.

The list of things i want to look into has been made, and the wheels has already come of for the post season inspection.

So far it looks like the only "problem" with running twin turbo for the last 4000km has been the lack of Grip and the price of gas.B)

IMG_6346.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'll just go ahead and keep the thread gooing instead of doing separate threads for all the things I'll be waisting my time and money on this winter.

just got the new adjustable rear camber and toe arm in and opened. Abit dissapointed, almost all threads are rustet and there is rust in piles in all arms when disasembled.

So doing some cleaning and assembling everything with som High temp anti seize paste to be able to crack the bolts apart later.

Anyway. Pretty beefy arms as i remember from my good old drift days, so thats a good upgrade for some more power aswell. 

Old arms off, and using them as a guide lenght-wise, so I'll be able to drive it to the alaingment shop without having to do too much adjusting.

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6412.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

And done with the adjustable arms in the rear. It will be set to zero camber and the slightest dash of toe in at squat when under load. That will give me all the bite possible.

well thats the plan. I always get surprised when i zero out camber on a car about how far out the tyres Stick, so atleast it will go as close to zero as the arches and tyres allow.

IMG_6421.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

Also just started putting a few fuel bits on the spare engine and piecing together my own fuel return system.

i'll make my own return fitting for the svievel jets, where the Stock fpr now sits, and run a paralell setup with the rails and new fpr

IMG_6404.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks.

And just got word that my BTI gauge display is on it's Way. Seriously looking forward to getting the 3,5" BTI display hooked up to my aem infinity, it's also has can analog outputs to control traction control and boost. And Can show/log all possible data from the infinity.

also still waiting for my ID1000's bought from a member here. When they get here, I'll start plumbing the fuel return system

And the BTI display just came.

awesome piece of kit!

you Can see all parameters from the infinity, and you Can set boost and traction control on the 3,5" touch screen.

plug and play with the aem net canbus, one connector and you'r done.

now i need to work out where to put it.

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6496.JPG

IMG_6497.JPG

IMG_6498.JPG

IMG_6500.JPG

IMG_6501.JPG

IMG_6503.JPG

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sim said:

Awesome build.

Are you going to forge the spare lump at some point and then really push the boost up?

Thanks, I'm actually getting all the part for a build.

and hoping to have it done in the spring.

Lots of things On the table right now.

looking into E85 also..

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

Had some problems with getting the BTI display to initialise and show data. And after a Quick talk and trouble shoot with Brandon that makes them, we found that the aem harnes Can signals are reversed. So switched the Can High and low, and presto! Result.

That is the most awesome costumer support i have ever seen! BTI comes HIGHLY recomended from me!

With the 8 Pages to scroll trough, there is just so much data! No need for anything Else to show anything.

IMG_6578.JPG

• Like 1

Had a closer look at my diff bushing, as I have had some serious wheel hop when launching when Racing.

I always thought that if the bushing didn't leek, it was fine. But this does look like it could need a change. So throwing some poly bushes at the diff and hoping that, together with the new alignment ars, will cure the launch wheel hop.

Also trying to get a list of parts done for the new engine build. Lots of parts... :-S

I can't remember ever spending so much on a car when it's already Well over the limit of what it will sell at... I kinda hate that, but i also feel that I already crossed the point of no return, so i wan't to see what it will do when all turned up to 11.

IMG_6716.JPG

17 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

Had a closer look at my diff bushing, as I have had some serious wheel hop when launching when Racing.

I always thought that if the bushing didn't leek, it was fine. But this does look like it could need a change. So throwing some poly bushes at the diff and hoping that, together with the new alignment ars, will cure the launch wheel hop.

Also trying to get a list of parts done for the new engine build. Lots of parts... :-S

I can't remember ever spending so much on a car when it's already Well over the limit of what it will sell at... I kinda hate that, but i also feel that I already crossed the point of no return, so i wan't to see what it will do when all turned up to 11.

That diff bushing is looking very sad! Plenty of aftermarket solid bushes to choose from to swap it out for that'll help cure that wheel hopping.

I've on a few occasions spent more on a car than its worth and my 350 is very much one of them but I've always justified by looking at those who drive new and far less capable cars who throw away £££ in huge depreciation while the car remains the same over years and years...........I know what I'd rather do with my money!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

That diff bushing is looking very sad! Plenty of aftermarket solid bushes to choose from to swap it out for that'll help cure that wheel hopping.

I've on a few occasions spent more on a car than its worth and my 350 is very much one of them but I've always justified by looking at those who drive new and far less capable cars who throw away £££ in huge depreciation while the car remains the same over years and years...........I know what I'd rather do with my money!

I hear you.

I kinda feel the same Way.

the only car i might consider that will replace my z Would be a GTR... but in Denmark they start at around the eqivilant of 90-100k £ so thats not an option. 

And almost sure that the z at 1,7bar will be a handfull for any GTR 

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snjur said:

To eliminate hop on launches the only solution is diff mount. 

Screenshot_2018-11-05-10-27-39-709_com.whatsapp.png

Thanks.

i have been looking alot on this, but i'm working on a solution With this together with a brace of sorts i'm also working on. I'll post something about this shortly also :thumbs:

Had some time to get the old worn rear diff bushing out and get the new poly bush fitted. 

The old one I could move about with a finger. The new one i rock solid when compared.

now i need to get the transmission mount Bushing, the anti Roll bar bushings, and the diff back in and finish the brace setup i'm working on. 

IMG_6832.JPG

IMG_6836.JPG

IMG_6841.JPG

IMG_6846.JPG

• Like 3