350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

12 hours ago, Ortega_9 said:

I can see that the aam spacer comes with an oil pick spacer. So i'm gonna go ahead and make one. 

I have the jwt oil pan spacer on my twin turbo & you need an oil pickup spacer in between the pickup as it then puts it further down into the oil. It can pickup from the bottom & not get starved going round corners etc 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keyser said:

If you wanted to be really on it you could weld a baffle plate in as well, and yes to the spacer they usually have one with the kit.

Is the vq known for Oil starvation? And with the Oil pan spacer the pickup gets another inch lover than the surface of the Oil in the sump. And it beeing such a "narrow" sump i Would Think it will be covered all the time.

And i just painted the Oil pan... ;-)

i might get the greddy sump at some point. But that will be baffled, i guess it already is..

i Think I'll "just" get the spacer machined and be done with it for now.

It should be fine with the spacer as it sits in more oil, not known for oil starvation if they have plenty in, I had the greedy and as you say it is baffled, a baffle is more for long hard corners where the oil climbs the side.

I think you will be fine :thumbs:

Ok, i Think i solved the issue with having to much traffic in one place. I took the sensor/oil cooler sandwich plate and turned it 180* then the gauge sensors is on top. I Can reach and service the thermostat. And with a pair of 90* an10 fitting i Can reroute the Oil cooler Lines around everything and still have room for Oil pressure sensor, Oil feed for the turbos and Oil filter.... 

still alot going on. But i Would hate to also have an Remote Oil filter sandwich and Lines added to the mix, so this is the Best option i Think.....

And it gets easier to change the filter becouse of not having the gauge sensors at the bottom... 

IMG_4406.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
Spelling like a ****

And trying to get the new manifold on presents some issues, i might need to machine a bit off the turbo flange in order to get room for the bolt. But this is the biggest and Highest flowing design possible for the manifold, so i knew there would be issues.

otherwise it looks fine...

so not all bad. But needs more work 

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

Having taken the manifold off and put it back on the "mockup" engine, i have found a solution... i Think....

if i put the most forward nut on first, and have the manifold at an angle, tilting out at the rear, i can fit a locknut in a small dent i grinded out of the flange, and this will stay in the indentation as i tighten it. 

i hope this works. 

IMG_4443.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9