350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

18 minutes ago, Ortega_9 said:

Thank you.

i'm trying to get things done in between work, kids etc. So not much time at the moment.

I know what you mean same situation here. It's always the same scenario, when you have time than there is shortages of funds, once you cover budget than lack of time is problem. Really looking forward to see final result. 

8 hours ago, Snjur said:

I know what you mean same situation here. It's always the same scenario, when you have time than there is shortages of funds, once you cover budget than lack of time is problem. Really looking forward to see final result. 

That always seems to be the case...

And me too.  

The Gtm steering knucle/coupler comes with an 9/32" thread and no nut to Secure the stud. So redrilled and tapped to a bigger 10mm thread and now fitted with a lock nut. I Think i will have to shave the nut  down to about 3-4mm to clear the downpipe. But better having a little Security than none. 

IMG_4260.JPG

And so it begins.....

everything have to go to make room for piping and so on.

i'll have to make up new washerbottle setup, new coolant bottle and powersteering aswell....

allready done with the Oil cooler and powersteering cooler relocation.

IMG_4276.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 20:43, Ortega_9 said:

The Gtm steering knucle/coupler comes with an 9/32" thread and no nut to Secure the stud. So redrilled and tapped to a bigger 10mm thread and now fitted with a lock nut. I Think i will have to shave the nut  down to about 3-4mm to clear the downpipe. But better having a little Security than none. 

IMG_4260.JPG

a wise move I think :)

55 minutes ago, andybp said:

a wise move I think :)

I Can see that the kits for the 370z almost all come with this revised setup, so i guess it has been an issue. I read about a german doing 100+ mph with his steering going loose on his 350z Gtm tt... so not taking the risk

After a few nights of frustration i Would like a moment of silence please....

all you with skin on your knuckles, take a few seconds to cherish it.... Think about the ones who dosen't have any.

and with that beeing Said. The "easy" side of the two exhaust manifolds are off...

IMG_4336.JPG

Just had another few hours today in the garage... and pulled the left side manifold off. Not to bad when you drop the steering rack...

anyways. Now i have to come up with a Way of fitting the new manifolds, the gt3076's, wastegates and everything else in the space about the size of a small dog... 

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9

Tonight i'm pulling the Oil pan and getting ready to install the AAM competition oil pan spacer with proline AN fittings for the Oil return.

This way i don't have to punch holes in the block for oil return. And i get an ekstra liter of oil capasity.

IMG_4368.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:00, Ortega_9 said:

And all stitched up again.

Now i need to patch a few holes in the downpipes and in a intercooler pipe, and then i think i'm ready to start taking the car apart.

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

Nice to see someone purging for a change ;)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SuperStu said:

I'm at real risk of asking a stupid question here, but I'll go with it. Isn't the pickup the same length because there's going to be more oil in there, so the surface will remain at the same height?

That's a good question...

i have no idea really.

but i can see that the bolts provided with the "longer" pickup are 25mm longer than the the Stock ones, so they would need a 25mm spacer to work.

and maybe the oil can slush more with the added spacer when going sideways, braking etc. 

I'll look into it today, but i don't think there is any harm done in getting the pickup lower, but i do see your point...