I didn't buy a Lotus after all.

Zeezeebaba

Instead I bought a VX220 turbo late 2006 model. Pick her up Saturday. I will get some pics up then. 

She has bluefin stage 2 and a Larini already fitted and has covered a mere 24k.Coral blue with black and tan interior. Can't wait :)

Can anyone recommend a stubby ariel as the standard one is to long (sound familiar ...)

• Like 2

Not really I've paid 16500, it's a minter though. It's had an easy life and the history is excellent. Bodywork is mint and it's always had the 3m type film on the trouble spots so no chips. It's also had two cambelt replacements in its 24k life so just about right for an 11 year old.

No damage to the interior not even a scratch on the sill plates. 

I hadn't planned on it at all, I had been looking at Elise S2's but had kept a close eye on VX220s because pound for pound more can be had for less outlay. I'm not a badge snob so it was always an option. It's probably knocking out about 230 to 240 with the stage 2 and the cats and exhaust. Also once I saw that Coral blue glistening in the showroom I knew it was the car for me. My budget for an Elise was 18.5 so I've also saved some dough for mods :)

Vain I know but the reg plate starts VX. ...I'm such a kid lol

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Find out who did the map, I've never seen a Bluefin used on these before (normally it's someone like Courtneys) so that would be an important thing with regards to how good the map may or may not be.

Also, if it's not been done already then you MUST put S2 Exige/VXR220 size wheels on as that'll give you a much better selection of tyres, plus it'll cure the understeer too :) That makes more of a difference to the Elise chassis than anything else.

• Like 2

See you are on the forum already :) Its a great place for knowledge and advise :) Nev is the guy for turbo talk, but they can be funny f*****s over there.

Ekona is on the money, get a 17/16 wheel combo and some Nitrons and you are set ;) 

I have a few carbon interior bits i was going to put up for sale if you are interested, dash plates, centre consul etc

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Any pics?

Good choice and will be great fun!

I struggle to even fit in these cars sadly :lol:

Oh come Saturday there will be pics :)

I'm lucky enough to fit in them it's just mastering the technique of getting in and out with the roof on that I need to master :)

50 minutes ago, Zeezeebaba said:

Oh come Saturday there will be pics :)

I'm lucky enough to fit in them it's just mastering the technique of getting in and out with the roof on that I need to master :)

Head in, arse in, legs in, shut door :thumbs::lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coldel said:

Be brave. Arse first makes it easier! Arse in and the rest will just follow!

I seem to recall it being easier in my early 20s :)

No issue falling in with a few groans, but getting out without rolling to the right and banging my head on the top of the side window is the issue ...:)

• Like 1

I go left leg in first, sit down then right leg in. Confuses the hell out of me getting in the passenger side. 

Normally put the key in the ignition first also or on the floor. 

VX and S2 Elise very similar, S1 Elise the opening with the roof on is tiny. 

Edited by un1eash
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

I dont think i ever had the roof on, a woolly hat did the job, which also adds a good point, std heaters are rubbish but there are now a couple of options for upgrades and well worth it.

I will be looking into this r.e. the heater. It may well have been done already and is on my list of things to check. I think I saw the thread on this in the forum as there was someone trying to organise a group buy for the upgraded unit. It's probably several years out of date now but it made me aware of the issue.

I also seem to recall an issue with insect debris etc flying in through the air vents.

Ah yes the vents! haha. Think I had one or two issues but nothing serious to worry about.

Driving gloves also help in terms of temperature, nothing worse than frozen fingers! If you cannot source a Fezzus heater then at the very least check in the front of the car, if there is a large silver pipe there ditch it and get something thicker off ebay and swap it in as lots of warm air from the heater is lost in that old silver pipe. Also the heater knob can get a bit stuck, don't force it, you need to follow the cable through to the front and under that silver pipe is a box with a lever on it which cable attaches to, it literally just gets grime stuck under it stopping it from moving freely, a brush and some WD40 sorts it out.

There was also a guy on the forum who sold stitched roof liners - they made a massive difference to retaining heat in the car with the roof on, you literally used some carpet tape to stick them to the inside of the roof liner - I had mine done in red with diamond stitching. Guess you could do something similar yourself also cutting material to shape etc. It does really make a difference though.

• Like 1